Hotspot in Allset Plans
HerrDoktor
Enthusiast - Level 1

The new Allset plans allow for Mobile Hotspots with compatible device. According to Motorola, the Moto G is compatible. When I look under Setting - More I see no entries for Wireless Tethering or Hotspot. How do I take advantage of the Mobile Hotspot on the Moto G under the new prepaid plans>

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Hotspot in Allset Plans
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Where does it say these plans allow for the mobile hotspot feature?  I didn't think any of the prepaid plans had the mobile hotspot feature included.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
HerrDoktor
Enthusiast - Level 1

From the Calling Plan Details at http://www.verizonwireless.com/prepaid/smartphone-plans/

• The ALLSET™ PLAN includes Unlimited anytime minutes, Unlimited texting* to anyone on any network in the U.S. and to participating carriers in Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico and 500MB of Data for $45 per month.
  • If you have a sufficient balance for your monthly access on the ALLSET™ PLAN, enjoy the benefits of your calling plan. If you do not have enough funds to cover the monthly access fee, you will be charged 25¢ per minute, 20¢ per text.

BRIDGE DATA –

• BRIDGE DATA Options:
    • $5 for 500MB of additional data. (Expires 30 days after the bundle is activated.)
    • $10 for 1GB of additional data. (Expires 90 days after the bundle is activated.)
    • $20 for 3GB of additional data. (Expires 90 days after the bundle is activated.)

Expiration dates begin when a bundle is activated.Customers can add BRIDGE DATA through the IVR, My Verizon Mobile and My Verizon online, refill cards or credit/debit cards. Customers may only have 2 BRIDGE DATA on their account at any given time. Only 1 BRIDGE DATA will be active at a time. Secondary BRIDGE DATA will be held in reserve until the current data allowance is exhausted or expires.

• Ringback Tones - 99¢ per month & $1.99 per Ringback Tone/Year
  • Domestic Long Distance Included (airtime charges apply)
  • Domestic Roaming Rate is 20¢ Per Minute
  • Mobile Hotspot is available for free on Mobile Hotspot capable devices.
  • Visual Voicemail is included free on iPhones

<snip rest>

Says it plain and simple from what I read...

PlumCT

I've been wondering the same thing myself. The Allset Plan definitely includes a mobile hotspot. It's listed as an included feature in the "My Services" section when I log into My Verizon. But it's been disabled/removed in the  settings menu on the Moto G.  I haven't been able to get any third party hotspot apps to work either.

0 Likes
azangerle

I am on the phone with customer support as we speak.

This feature was advertised in the press release along with suggesting the moto G as a smartphone option. They really should have tested it before making it available. It is frustrating that that simple due diligence was not completed before offering this service.

http://www.verizonwireless.com/news/article/2014/03/allset-prepaid-plan.html

Getting transfered to tech support now.

0 Likes
jeff-lane
Enthusiast - Level 1

Why is it so difficult to get a good explanation as to why the hotspot feature is missing on the Verizon Moto G.

Numerous calls to tech support with no explanation or resolution. The Allset plan feature list clearly indicates that the mobile hotspot feature is included. Tech support appears to be absolutely clueless and offers suggestions such as -

"return to the Verizon retail store and see what they can do". The Verizon retail store suggests calling tech support.

So we're on the Verizon merry go round going in circles and getting nowhere. Consumers may purchase a product

based on advertised feature sets and should not be obviously misled. This issue is most likely a software disabled feature which Verizon / Motorola should correct and in the interim at least explain when and how they are correcting this problem.

plumb

I've also been having this problem, which is especially frustrating since I got the device and plan specifically for this feature.

I was advised by tech support to try a 3rd party app. I haven't gotten one to work for wifi, but FoxFi seems to work on USB mode.

0 Likes
sparky745

I am also disappointed that USB mode seems to be the only way to share the internet connection at this point. Would be glad to have this problem  resolved somehow.

0 Likes
jeff-lane
Enthusiast - Level 1

It appears that the latest Verizon Android version 4.4.4 update has now enabled the WIFI hot spot feature

on Moto G phone.

0 Likes
Fjolsvith

Confirmed on 2 prepaid Moto G Verizon phones.

0 Likes