How do I go about switching my prepaid TMobile phone over to Verizon Prepaid?
jdemp

I have a prepaid phone through TMobile and the service is absolutely terrible. Is there anyway for me to switch my phone to a prepaid verizon plan?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How do I go about switching my prepaid TMobile phone over to Verizon Prepaid?
Snn5
Legend

You'll need a new phone or rather, one that is compatible with Verizon.  T-Mobile won't work, it is a GSM phone.  Verizon is CDMA.  There are a couple good phones with Vze prepaid on the prepaid site, I brought my out of contract Vzw phone with me.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: How do I go about switching my prepaid TMobile phone over to Verizon Prepaid?
Snn5
Legend

You'll need a new phone or rather, one that is compatible with Verizon.  T-Mobile won't work, it is a GSM phone.  Verizon is CDMA.  There are a couple good phones with Vze prepaid on the prepaid site, I brought my out of contract Vzw phone with me.

0 Likes
Dustin001
Contributor - Level 1

Yeah first off you will need to buy a new phone. I personally recommend the Moto G but Verizon has other great phones for prepaid.I say for your situation buying a new phone is worth the investment to move to a better carrier. T Mobile tends to only be good in major cities while Verizon is much more reliable.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Based on what is currently available:

If you want 4G LTE, the Moto e, Luge, and Samsung J1 or HTC Desire 526 is the go to.

Moto g has no LTE.  No Lollipop yet, if ever.

Moto e has no Flash. Does have Lollipop.

Moto Luge is a bit dated.  No Lollipop.

HTC 526 is just released. 

Samsung J1 is next newest.

I myself would find a good used Verizon phone on Swappa for a little more than the new price of these ~$40-$100 phones.  Brought my contract LG G2 and everything is about the same as it was on contract now that I am on Prepaid.

Prepaid specs info is lacking so comparison screen is easiest to side-by-side.

0 Likes