LG env2
29PAS

I apologize if this has been answered before but I've read in another thread that the env2 can be used for pre-paid "if it's been set up for that". 

So it sounds like this model phone can be set up 2 ways, one for prepaid and one not for prepaid - is that correct?  And if that's correct, if one is set up not for prepaid, can it be changed so that it will work for prepaid?

I have the core plan and want a slide out keyboard phone - I either don't like the standard phones they offer or don't want to spend $300 for the Samsung Intensity 2, which I'm not sure is that great a phone anyway.  I just want good sound quality on the phone and easy texting - the env2 seems to have both and it looks like it can be had for less than $200. 

If anyone has any other suggestions on phones, I'm open.

Thanks 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: LG env2
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

The Env2 will work on prepaid or contract. You can just buy the phone from another place and then activate it on a prepaid plan. 

0 Likes
Re: LG env2 - activation problem
29PAS

So I just found an env2 to buy, went to activate it and was told (by the rep when I had a problem) that I could only activate it if I had a monthly pre-paid plan with the $10/mo data package.  I was under the impression that it would work with my $.99 per daily use plan (the core plan?).

Did I miss interpret something or did I get wrong info from the verizon rep?

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader
Make sure you have the Env2, not the Env3 - Env3 does require a $10 data package, the Env2 does not.
0 Likes
ScibbityPitten

I have never tested this personally, for I've never had the handset, but I know from a rep at my local Verizon store that the enV2 can be used on a Prepaid Daily Plan. I found this out well over a year ago, when there were no Monthly prepaid plans to speak of on VZW, so I know it was the Daily plans that he was referring to. You should have no problem activating it on the Core plan. 

0 Likes