Mobile to Mobile Question
cbfalcon

Hi there. I have a full Verizon plan phone (unlimited text, 750 minutes a month). My friend just bought a straight talk pre-pay phone (which I found out does run on the Verizon network). I'm not worried about texts (because we both have unlimited). She has unlimited minutes a month, but I only have 750. I've found many different answers to this question, so I would like the right one if possible! Can I call her anytime and have mobile to mobile (use no minutes of mine)... just like if I were to call another verizon phone user? Or will it count towards my minutes? Thanks and let me know if you need more info.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Mobile to Mobile Question
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Use this tool to check the number(s) in question.  If they come up as IN NETWORK, then it will count as M2M.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Spiral
Master - Level 1

cbfalcon wrote:

Hi there. I have a full Verizon plan phone (unlimited text, 750 minutes a month). My friend just bought a straight talk pre-pay phone (which I found out does run on the Verizon network). I'm not worried about texts (because we both have unlimited). She has unlimited minutes a month, but I only have 750. I've found many different answers to this question, so I would like the right one if possible! Can I call her anytime and have mobile to mobile (use no minutes of mine)... just like if I were to call another verizon phone user? Or will it count towards my minutes? Thanks and let me know if you need more info.

My guess would be that daytime (06:00 am - 9:00 pm) calls to your friend will count towards your calling plan limits.  Even though Straight Talk uses the Verizon equipment, they are not counted as 'within the Verizon network'.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Use this tool to check the number(s) in question.  If they come up as IN NETWORK, then it will count as M2M.

0 Likes