Not Enough Money On Your Account
RandyWalters
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm on a Prepaid Plan that has been working fine since i switched to Verizon back on Jan 24 of 2020,  but starting on Dec 25 of 2020 (the first day of my billing cycle) when i try to call out i get the message "There is not enough money on your account",  then it transfers me to some automated payment center whereupon i just hang up.  

But i'm on Auto-Pay and my payments always go through and i get the confirmation texts from Verizon that they billed my credit card on file, and another message that i'm good for another month etc etc.   My Verizon app shows i have tons of remaining data.  My credit card account shows the payment to Verizon has gone through.   

I am able to receive calls, and i am able to send and receive texts,  but most of the time i am unable to actually place a call from my phone and i get the above message.  Sometimes i am able to call out,  but i have to keep trying every few minutes until i finally get a call out.   

A few weeks ago i was finally able to get ahold of Prepaid Customer Service  and spoke with "Mike",  he said it's a known issue and their engineers are working on it and said he fixed my account so that this would not happen, but within a day or two it started happening again so it still has not been fixed.   

This is getting extremely annoying and is interfering with my calling my co-workers and customers. 

How can i get this fixed?  I am unable to call Verizon customer service since i am unable to call out. 

Re: Not Enough Money On Your Account
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello there. Sorry to hear you are having this trouble. I am going to send you a Private Note, so we can work directly on your account. 

-NoahS_VZW

0 Likes
RandyWalters
Enthusiast - Level 2

OK but i am currently at work so i might not be able to chat right now,  thanks

0 Likes
RandyWalters
Enthusiast - Level 2

I got your message but i can't see how to reply to it ??      

0 Likes
RandyWalters
Enthusiast - Level 2

There is no "Reply To" so i sent a new message to your username with my phone info. 

0 Likes
Zbone13
Enthusiast - Level 1

Please remove my restrictions 

I have money in my account 

uselessVerizon1
Enthusiast - Level 1

really stupid service provided by Verizon

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

uselessVerizon1, we always want to help make sure that you can get the best service possible. So we can help, please send us a Private Note! *Jose

0 Likes
laurencedo

same thing happen to me. 

0 Likes
DR-8

I run into this on my prepaid account when my phone connects to a roaming service (a provider other than Verizon). Verizon support said this shouldn't happen, but they acknowledged that it does, and it has been the case for the several years I have been with Verizon on pre-paid. I think it is a pre-paid issue that they aren't motivated to fix (in my experience, Verizon sure seems to disincentivize pre-paid as I'm very often trying to be convinced by Verizon to switch to post-paid, that pre-paid is given second priority, etc.- especially at stores but also on the support line).

Verizon support recommended I turn off, then turn back on cellular service (e.g. airplane mode) or restart the phone as the phone preferentially will pick up a Verizon service connection over other carriers whenever available. This has somewhat worked for me.  But in general, I have given up on trying to get it to work otherwise, and just wait until I reconnect to a non-roaming service connection (or to Wi-Fi), and it always seems to work again then.

It is not a "money on your account" issue, and it is very confusing that that is the recorded message that is played when this situation is encountered.

Hope this helps others.

0 Likes