Prepaid LTE Speed is Painfully Slow
niemeyerja

I am on your 3GB prepaid plan, and I am seeing speeds of 0.2mbps at times. Most of the time this is when I'm traveling, even when I have at least 4 bars!

I just read that you prioritize other Verizon customers above prepaid customers during times/places of congestion. What the heck am I paying for? What's the use of having LTE data if I can't load a web page? And limiting video streaming to 480p? Might as well pull out my VHS tapes - at least there's no buffering.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Prepaid LTE Speed is Painfully Slow
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly want all our customers to get great service with us, niemeyerja. We do want to help in any way we can. What zip code are you located at when the speeds are slow? What model phone do you have?

StevenG_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
niemeyerja

Hi Steven,

I was traveling to/from Denver, Colorado at the time. I'm not sure of the

zip codes I went through there. Couldn't even search Google the speeds were

so slow. Traveling intestate 80 with at least 3 bars and "LTE" signal had

unusable speed... Couldn't play any music or stream any video. This happens

every time I leave the city I live in. I'm using an iPhone 6.

On Thu, Aug 10, 2017 at 10:16 PM vzw_customer_support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for clarifying the model of your device, niemeyerja. We definitely want to make sure that you are covered. Do you recall any potential addresses for the areas, such as an address for a gas station along the drive, where you experienced these issues with service? I would like to take a closer look at the coverage in those areas.

HarleyE_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
niemeyerja

Yesterday morning I was near Walmart in Kearney, NE and was getting

0.5MB/sec speed.

On Thu, Aug 10, 2017 at 11:35 PM vzw_customer_support <

0 Likes
niemeyerja

Another test just now. 0.12 download and 7.59 upload. The bandwidth is

clearly there as you can see from the upload speed. What gives??

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We always want the best for you and would love to see you get back to top speed. It would be best to contact our Prepaid Support Team at 888-294-6804 as they will have the complete access to review the network settings.  YaleK_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Gimmered

I also have been getting horrible download speeds on my prepaid account in Nebraska for the last 14 months. I started my service with a Verizon Samsung Galaxy J3 and recently upgraded to A Moto G4 Plus. My download speed mirror what 100's of others have complained to Verizon about, < 1Mb down and ~ 3Mb upload. My Data was virtually useless. It ran the same as my wife's $5 net10 phone also running on Verizon towers.

I have finally have found the fix for this problem. I ordered a Moto X4 from Google Project Fi and signed up for their service. It uses Cellular one service here and it is working great. Running speed test side by side, my Verizon phone was bringing in 0.1 Mb, My Fi Phone was downloading at 11.1 Mb. I hate losing my number, as it will not port to Fi, but I now have usable Data and will be paying less for the service as Fi only charges for the Data you use.

0 Likes