Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring the phone you love. OR get iPhone 13, on us. Online only. With Select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 1.31. Buy now
end of navigation menu
Prepaid Plan Information
Mj861

Hello,

I am a prepaid Verizon customer who is possibly interested in purchasing a prepaid smartphone. Only I had a question in regards to the airtime cards you purchase at retail stores such as Walmart to put money on the phones. Right now we are using a Slider QWERTY Keyboard phone (I cannot remember what line the phone is from - maybe an Intensity) and I purchase a $35.00 card that expires about 90 days from the date I redeem it on my phone. My question is, if I purchased a prepaid smartphone (for example, the LG Optimus Zone or the Samsung Galaxy Legend), and bought a Verizon Wireless $50 Refill Prepaid Airtime, how long, after redemption will that $50 expire?

Thank you for any information.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Prepaid Plan Information
Ann154
Super User
Super User

The payment expiration dates can be found on http://support.verizonwireless.com/support/faqs/CallingPlans/prepaid-smartphone.html

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Super User
Super User

Prepaid smartphones require a monthly plan of a set amount. You should verify the pricing of these plans to ensure you plan accordingly.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Mj861

I do understand that, however I was more concerned with when a $50.00 air time card (for example) would expire. My $35.00 air time card for an Intensity phone expires 90 days from redemption and I was wanting to know if a smartphone airtime card would expire in 90 days or 30.

0 Likes
Ann154
Super User
Super User

A $50 card won't go very far as the prepaid smartphone plans require a minimum of a $60 or $70 monthly payment to keep it active.

0 Likes
Ann154
Super User
Super User

The payment expiration dates can be found on http://support.verizonwireless.com/support/faqs/CallingPlans/prepaid-smartphone.html

0 Likes
Mj861

I just found this info on the Verizon prepaid FAQ's.

When do payments made to my $50 Unlimited Plan account expire?

Once applied to your account, payments expire as follows:

• $15 – $29.99 payments expire in 30 days
  • $30 – $74.99 payments expire in 90 days
  • $75 – $99.99 payments expire in 180 days
  • $100 or more payments expire in 365 days

Hoping its accurate and I was using the $50.00 as an example. Though I think Walmart has it and my family doesn't use very many minutes so my biggest concern was knowing when a $50.00 refill card would expire... according to the above information, it's 90 days...?

0 Likes
Mj861

Thanks so much for the link, Ann. Hopefully that is an answer to my question. Smiley Happy

0 Likes