(Prepaid) Wife and I got new phones and had to upgrade our plans as req'd do I lose my service after we just bought new phone cards?
bennett89

My wife and I just purchased two new phones so that we could upgrade from our previous ones. Our plan was up on November 27th and we always purchase the $45 All set plan. When we activated our phones we were told we had to upgrade to a new plan. One of those options was $45 a month unlimited talk, text and 1gb of data (500mb more than our now old plan). We selected the $45 a month plan change and I am curious if I now have to spend another $100 just to get service AGAIN after just purchasing phone cards on the 27th. Does anyone know or has anyone had to deal with this before?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: (Prepaid) Wife and I got new phones and had to upgrade our plans as req'd do I lose my service after we just bought new phone cards?
Snn5
Legend

Whenever you activate a new device on a prepaid line, you have to pay for another month then......even if you are only halfway through the month.  Then, as soon as the end of the month comes again, you have to pay again.  Best option is waiting to activate at the end of the cycle, but if you have already done it, then unfortunately you have discovered another pitfall of Verizon Prepaid plans.  The only reason I have had any success with these prepaid plans is because I set it and forgot about it, never made changes to the plan (I have the 2GB $45 plan which has autopay 1GB bonus data) I never activated a new device, and I never even changed the payment card online.

0 Likes
Re: (Prepaid) Wife and I got new phones and had to upgrade our plans as req'd do I lose my service after we just bought new phone cards?
schlaichk

Verizon now is giving an extra 2 GB by choosing the XL or XXL data plans. I am already on the XXL plan, but would definitely like to have the extra 2GB to use also? Why are loyal customers not offered this option as well?

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

You might have the incorrect thread. This is for prepaid.

0 Likes
bennett89

This is a prepaid question. You don't buy phone cards on a contract....

Sent from Outlook Mobile

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

I was referring to schlaichk

However, your question was answered over a day ago.

Vzw Cust Service will refer you to the Prepaid Support Line.  Verizon does not handle Prepaid questions.  They outsource the accounts overseas.

0 Likes