Prepaid roaming in NC stopped working
TL00

I've had a prepaid VZ phone for 3 months, and been using it in Ashe county without issue. It roams, I assume on Carolina West, but works fine. When I tried to use it this past weekend, every number I tried to dial came back with a VZ message stating the number dialed has been changed or disconnected. I tried to access VM, get a balance, 611, other known working numbers, all getting the same message. Contactd VZ support for 45 minutes, making all kinds of changes inthe phone, but no luck. Drove to Boone, got on a VZ tower(no roaming), and did the *228 initial programming and update roaming as per VZ support, and could make calls. As soon as we left VZ towers and went back to Ashe, got the VZ recording. Has VZ and Carolina West/other stopped their roaming agreement in Ashe/Wilkes NC?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Prepaid roaming in NC stopped working
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

TL00, let's make sure your service is working at home. I checked our maps and I'm still seeing that both of these areas are listed as extended network. Please review our coverage maps for your exact location http://bit.ly/ymXLCI. Are you still having problems making calls here? If so, we may have to submit a trouble ticket to our network team for further investigation. Please respond to my follow request and send me a direct message with your mobile number.

MarquiaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: Prepaid roaming in NC stopped working
dexter322

I have the same issue in Ashe County.  Coverage map clearly shows my area as "prepaid roaming", but the phone won't work.  Cannot make any type of call from the phone, not even *228.  Like it won't connect to the network.  I have a Verizon Blackberry as well and it gets 5 bars and works great.  Support has not been very good at all.  Was able to make a call one time and now nothing and I cannot get a straight answer. Come on folks!

0 Likes