Question about device and plan. Please help
jesseandlance

I have a vx9900 that i would like to use with my $50 unlimited everything plan but everytime i call *228 or *611 or *22898 it tells me that my phone can not be used with that plan and i have seen older posts where people are using the env for prepaid plans. Any ideas as to why it is not working now. Or who/what # can i call to get it activated with my number but still with my unlimited plan? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Question about device and plan. Please help
Not applicable

I hope people realize that on these $50 unlimited everything plans the data is limited to 1Xrtt.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The $50 unlimited pre-paid plan is also for only basic feature phones.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
logath

The Unlimited $50 prepaid plan is limited to basic feature phones that were made specifically for PREPAID. So while your Env is a great feature phone, there are no Env's made just for Prepaid. You can still use it on prepaid service, just only with the Basic or one of the Daily plans. If it is an Env3 or newer, that can only be put on the new data plan prepaid has which is $80.00 for unlimited talk/text, and 1gb of data. Good rule of thumb for the $50 unlimited, if the model number has pp or prepaid, you can use it.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Ann154 wrote:

The $50 unlimited pre-paid plan is also for only basic feature phones.

Yes I know that. A lot of people don't. They also don't know the data is limited 1xRtt.

0 Likes
Not applicable

logath wrote:

If it is an Env3 or newer, that can only be put on the new data plan prepaid has which is $80.00 for unlimited talk/text, and 1gb of data.

So can any phone can be put on pre-paid as long as you are on the $80 plan?

0 Likes
logath

The $80 Prepaid data plan can use most 3g devices, as well as most Multi-media phones, for a specific phone, it is best to check with a CSR, also Iphones do NOT work on prepaid, as well as all the 4g phones.

0 Likes