Roaming
Alhill

Just wondering if anyone else had this problem . Me and my family went on vacation this past weekend and just switched from sprint to prepaid Verizon. I thought it was going to be a good idea to save money and hopefully have better service. But unfortunately when our phones were roaming we couldn't make a call or receive calls. I was glad we were together because if something happened how would you contact anyone. The lady at Verizon said I wasn't covered . How is that when where I was on vacation it shows all red on your coverage map. I think it's ridiculous. Started looking into going elsewhere.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Roaming
Weth
Legend

The red online is for postpaid accounts, which includes a roaming.  Did you click the prepaid radio button. The color should've more purple and you can see the roaming areas. 

0 Likes
Re: Roaming
Snn5
Legend

To make or receive a call in a roaming area you must have a balance in the prepaid account.  I believe roaming is .25 a min and MMS is .25 per message.  Data is available as long as you have a signal.  This means you can still make a data call on Google Voice, Skype, Hangouts etc....

Capture.PNG

0 Likes