SIM Unlock Code
Clover2

Is there a way, as a prepaid customer, we can view out SIM Unlock code or our PUK on our account? I thought, stupidly, it was asking me to create a code, so I tried a number and it didn't work, obviously. So I tried a PIN I've used before, thinking this was something I must have created in the past, which wasn't correct. 🙈 This isn't vital information at this time, but it makes me nervous that I have one more chance before my SIM is locked. Guess my curiosity got the best of me, since I just wanted to see what that setting was in my phone. Oops! 

0 Likes
Re: SIM Unlock Code
UpstateWinds
Contributor - Level 1

I think you just got to wait it out.

Beginning on 7/23/2019, devices purchased from Verizon are locked for 60 days from the date of purchase. This policy applies to new and existing customers, postpaid and prepaid plans and customers porting their service to another carrier.

Please see examples below for more information:

• Device purchased at full retail price or on a device payment agreement – Locked for 60 days from purchase
  • Device purchased on a device payment agreement and paid off prior to 60 day requirement - Locked for 60 days from purchase
  • Customers porting out service – Device remains locked until 60-day requirement has been met
  • Verizon service canceled while device is locked - Device remains locked until 60-day requirement has been met
  • Prepaid customers – Locked for 60 days from purchase

Prepaid Device Unlocking Policy

Devices that you purchase from Verizon and certain devices purchased from our retail partners are locked for 60 days after activation. After 60 days, we will automatically remove the lock. Following the 60 day lock period following device purchase, we do not lock our phones at any time.

If you purchase a 4G Phone-in-a-Box from our retail partners, you should review the back of the box to determine the lock period applicable to that device. 

Motorola Z3 on the Verizon network.
0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

I don't know if this is available on Prepaid accounts or not, but did you check:

Find 4G SIM PUK 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You have great questions! We certainly don't want you to accidentally lock your device. The PUK code is different from our device lock code. The PUK code is what we provide you if your SIM Card gets locked, and you run into issues with using your device. The device lock code is what we provide for eligible customers to unlock their device to use on other carriers. We advise leaving the PUK area of your device alone, so your SIM Card doesn't accidentally get locked. We hope this provides clarity!

MeganS_VZW

0 Likes
Clover2

Yeah, I know it's different. Reread my actual question, and you'll see why I need the PUK... But anyway, the link to view your PUK doesn't work for prepaid people, but thanks to the person who provided it. I just ended up calling prepaid customer service, and he looked it right up (and didn't even assume I don't know what a PUK is or tell me to "leave it alone" 🙂). 

0 Likes