Samsung 6.0 not charging
ryork

I have been with your company for many years..over the last 8 months I changed to prepaid because  I was told I will receive the same advantages as my overly expensive prior plan ; which I was going to cut Verizon ties all together.  my phone was charging from 48% but after checking 5 mins later it had depleted to 18% and was very very very hot to the touch.  Then it just died.. I turned it off and went to a  Verizon store.  I first sat there for 2 hrs waiting on service and one served in 2 mins I was told there was nothing they could do because I was prepay and no longer on contract.  She proceeded to tell me my choices were to buy another expensive phone, get another contract or go across the street to Best Buy and see if they had a Samsung rep to help me...  Of course I was blown away that even tho this was a Samsung phone it had a Verizon trademark on phone and my automatic monthly payments were never a problem to collect. 

I know this community is just a deterrent for Verizon to not be responsible for poor service and this will probably never be resolved.  Now I have to go a week without contact to my family who long distance now...loss all of my information and more ... I am just so very disappointed and frustrated with Verizon and my faith in a company that I used to hold high regards for has diminished; because greed has gotten in the way of a true customer service that used to be provided many years ago.  Now I understand the hard way why so many have left and are leaving the Company such as I will.

Sincerely,

R York ( once a satisfied customer)

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Samsung 6.0 not charging
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

The last thing we want is to lose you as a customer, ryork. World class customer service is what you deserve and that's exactly what we want to provide you with. First, want to offer you a formal apology for any inconvenience that you have experienced. This is not the impression that we want to leave you with. Our goal is to explore all options to get your Samsung device working properly again. May I ask what is the exact model Samsung device? Is there any physical or liquid damage on your phone? Also, are you using the original charger that came with the device or a third party charger? Once you share the requested details then we can troubleshoot the overheating and charging issue together.

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ryork

Thank you for your reply.  I was going to change companies this weekend and discontinue this plan.  I am hoping that this can be resolved because I have always preferred Verizon but lately I have experienced a lot of poor customer service in this area where I now reside.

The information that you have requested: the back of the phone indicate, Verizon 4G LTE, Galaxy S6,CE

168, SM-G920V  UD.  It is not damaged nor any contact with water.. Yes, I have the same charger used at time of purchase which is also, Verizon.

I would appreciate whatever you can do to get me back up and running.

Rosalind [Removed]

personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for all of the details, ryork. We want to be sure we have exhausted all of our troubleshooting steps to determine what is causing this overheating issue with your device.
Does the phone have the latest software update (settings > system updates) applied? We also recommend you run a diagnostic http://vz.to/1tuzrWq on the phone at your earliest convenience. Have you added any new apps to the device recently? Please provide a few additional details and we will be ready to continue helping.

SteveR_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
ryork

This  can not be solved over the internet....all updates were done, no new apps added.  Can not do a diagnostic because again the phone will not come on now ...have not been able to use for a week now.  I can not continue to go back and forth with this problem I need my phone.  I will have to discontinue use of auto pay , have already lost money this month.  If not solved within the next day I will unfortunately have to obtain service elsewhere.

Thank you,

Rosalind [Removed]

personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ryork-

Say it's not so, we don't want to see you go. I definitely understand the importance of having a working device. At this time, I do recommend reaching out with our prepaid experts directly by dialing 888-294-6804 . You can also go into the store for further troubleshooting if that works best for you. You can find your nearest location here: http://vz.to/2gPjUKv. I'm confident our prepaid experts will get to the bottom of this in no time.

AmberK_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ryork

Thank you for your help.  The store location is why I came to you in the first place as stated in my beginning e-mail.  I can no longer continue to get tossed around with this issue.  It seems as tho this should be an easy fix or answer . for Verizon. With much frustration I will have to end our long standing relationship and move on to another provider.

Rosalind [Removed]

0 Likes