Switch out a current prepaid phone with a new phone
mloamiller

I needed to replace my aunt's Prepaid Verizon phone with a newer phone as hers was failing. She is another state and has her own account (for which she knew pin, but not online account signin). No one local could help me do it after two trips to Verizon stores and 30+ minutes online with a Verizon rep. 

I was advised to go purchase phone that was prepaid and unlocked or for Verizon and send it to her and allow the local Verizon team to assist her getting phones switched out. I did this. I purchased an Iphone 6s Verizon Prepaid online from Walmart and had it shipped to her. Her local Verizon store and local Walmart both are "unable" to help her because it is "locked". Please help me. 

I tried repeatedly to do this the right way to help out an older aunt who needed a reliable phone. Please advise what needs to be done.

0 Likes
Re: Switch out a current prepaid phone with a new phone
bearone21
Legend

call cs for switch, 1-800-922-0204

0 Likes
Re: Switch out a current prepaid phone with a new phone
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

CassieG_VZW Thank you for reaching out to us today. We are sorry to hear about the difficulties you have encountered while trying to get a new phone for your aunt. We would recommend reaching out to our Prepaid Customer Service at 888-294-6804(Sun-Sat6:00AM - 11:00PM ET), as any further recommendations will depend on the type of lock it is. You can also do a three way with your aunt, and Customer Service, if it is helpful do so. We hope this information is helpful to you. 

0 Likes