Taxes & Fees on Prepaid?
ssvv

Does Verizon charge tax and/or any fees on the published price for prepaid plans?

I always use 3rd party to purchase my payments, and a $30 prepaid plan requires just $30 top-up. Nothing extra. And, the 3rd party gives a discount so $30 actually costs less than $30.

But what if I use autopay with Verizon? What does a $30 plan really cost? Is it $30 or something more? I cannot find a straight answer anywhere.

0 Likes
Re: Taxes & Fees on Prepaid?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The prepaid plans include the taxes and regulatory fees in their pricing. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, Ssvv. 

It is true that state taxes would be applied to the price of your service plan. Our Prepaid plans have a loyalty discount as well, where after 10 months you can save up to $10, and then an additional $5 if you have your line set up on Auto Pay. We would be glad to go over specific plans that apply to you, as it would depend on what you're looking for. Do you want the 5GB or 15GB plan? Please feel free to send us a Private Note for more personalized assistance.

CelesteR_VZW

0 Likes
designbypepper
Enthusiast - Level 1

Not true.  I pay 35 a month for prepaid plan and they charge my card and extra 2.68 for taxes and fees.  I called and asked and they said well, technically the money goes to the govt, not to verizon, so it's misleading advertising.