Text but no voice when roaming
drael1

I have a Verizon prepaid plan and was in an area today where I was roaming.  I could send and receive text messages but whenever I tried to make a call I got a recording saying "Please reenter the 10 digit telephone number you are calling.  Do not press send. Star 67 or star 82 cannot be used on this call to block or unblock caller ID."  This happened with whatever number I dialed.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Text but no voice when roaming
Snn5
Legend

Prepaid has not roaming on Text/MMS or data, however, calls are .25 cents a min I believe and you can only make those calls in roaming areas if you have enough funds in the account to draw from.  Most people only put in the monthly amount for service ($45-60) and without extra in the account, calls cannot be made.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are dedicated to offering you the best service at all times, drael1. It would be best to call our Prepaid Team at 888-294-6804 to fully review network and coverage.
YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

If you cannot find help from another non-Verizon employee here, you might have to call the Prepaid number unfortunately.

0 Likes