Text messages from Verizon at MIDNIGHT!!
gsvahn
Enthusiast - Level 2

I AM VERY FRUSTRATED. I HAVE A VERIZON PRE-PAID PLAN, AND IT AUTOMATICALLY CHARGES TO MY CREDIT CARD ON THE LAST DAY OF THE MONTH AT MIDNIGHT. VERIZON SENDS ME A TEXT MESSAGE A FEW MINUTES AFTER MIDNIGHT. I CANNOT GET THROUGH TO SOMEONE TO TURN OFF THOSE DARN TEXT MESSAGES. I STARTED IN 1990 WITH PAC TEL CELL, WHICH BECAME AIR TOUCH, WHICH BECAME VERIZON. I LEFT VERIZON IN 2002 AFTER WHAT I CONSIDERED TO BE TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE IN TWO OF THEIR STORES ON THE SAME DAY. LAST NOVEMBER I DECIDED TO GIVE THEM A TRY AGAIN, AND NOW, ONCE AGAIN, TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE AND I GUESS I'M MOVING TO ATT. VERIZON PHONE OPERATION HAS BEEN VERY GOOD, AND I HATE TO LEAVE THE NETWORK, BUT NO ONE KNOWS HOW TO STOP THE TEXTS. DOES ANYONE ELSE HAVE THIS PROBLEM WITH LATE NIGHT TEXTS FROM VERIZON? THANK YOU!

Labels (1)
Re: Text messages from Verizon at MIDNIGHT!!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

gsvahn-

We certainly don't want to see you leave our family. I am very sorry to learn about the late text messages you are receiving. Please reach out to our Prepaid team who can address this further by dialing 888-294-6804.

CarmenT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
gsvahn
Enthusiast - Level 2

Carmen, Thank you for responding. I am so frustrated that I cannot find a number that I can talk to someone directly at regarding this problem. The number you have suggested for me to call sends me into "phone tree chaos" and eventually there is a selection for changing notification preferences. I am already on LOW, and the only change I can make is medium or high. Low includes the midnight TEXTS. There is no OFF. Someone did talk to me when I went through text support. It was an accident that I actually got to talk to someone, rather than the phone tree routing me to a dead end and hanging up on me. The person I talked to tried the same thing I had tried, and got the same result. Notifications was already set to the LOW setting and there was no other option but to increase the messages to either medium or high. NO OFF setting. The lady then told me that she wasn't actually technical support, and she would see if she could find someone in Tech Support to help me. That was very nice, but too much time when by and I had to abandon the call. There has to be a way to stop those texts. I wouldn't mind if they came though at noon or 5PM, but not in the middle of the night.

Thank you for responding, and thank you for anything you can do to correct this. I can't believe that others aren't upset about getting texts in the middle of the night. I don't know if I can turn off text notifications on my iPhone, and still be able to get phone calls. I have a land line, but emergencies sometimes come in on my mobile phone, so it has to be receptive at night.

Have a good day. Gus [Removed]

personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I certainly share in your frustration, gsvahn. I know how important it is to be able to take an emergency phone call in the middle of the night, and certainly receiving text message alerts while you’re sleeping is not good. Regrettably, only our Prepaid team can assist as we don’t have the tools or resources to help you here. I recommend when time allows, to reach back out to our Prepaid team for additional assistance. I apologize for the inconvenience.

JosephE_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
gsvahn
Enthusiast - Level 2

Joseph, Thanks for your reply. As far as I can tell, there is no access to the Prepaid Team. That’s the problem. And, another problem I see; your message says to click the “Correct Answer” button under your response. Maybe I’m just dense, but I don’t see one now, now when another agent wrote me, Carmen, I didn’t see a “Correct Answer” button on that one, either. Life is just getting too complicated. I’m afraid I’ll be looking into another carrier soon. But, thanks for trying. Gus.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I regret hearing that this issue has caused you to seek another provider, gsvahn. Only our prepaid team has access to prepaid accounts. They are the only ones able to assist with this. I do hope you reconsider leaving and give them a chance to resolve this issue. Did the prepaid team provide you with any options to get those messages to stop when you contacted them? If so, what options were provided?

JosephE_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
gsvahn
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for your reply, Joseph. Getting to someone in pre-pay is almost impossible. The number rings up a Phone Tree, and you only have a few choices. 99% of the phone tree choices box me into a corner and I have to hang up and start over. Unbelievable that I company as big as Verizon cannot correct this problem. I have tried to get the texting to stop in the past. I think it's a glitch, and I cannot imagine that others aren't affected with the late night texts, too. I've lodged my complaints, and hope that on the night of May 31st I do not get another text at Midnight. If I do I will assume that Verizon is just too big and I will need to move on. I hope someone can do something about it. Years ago Pacific Telephone used to test their landlines late at night. One of the several phones in my house would make one ring somewhere between midnight and maybe 4AM in the morning. It as just the one phone or several that was sensitive to whatever testing the automated equipment was doing. Pacific Telephone was able to change the schedule of my testing to a daytime time when it would not bother anyone in my family. Thanks again if you can figure out a way to stop the midnight texting. Gus [Removed], San Diego, CA

Sent from my iPad

personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand your concern. We want to make sure you get the help you need in our Prepaid Department. Here is a work around for when you call; Select 1-English / 2-Spanish, enter your 10 digit mobile number, select 2 - "continue to the main menu", select 4 - "Questions or change something", select 6 - "Store locations or Billing questions", then 4 - "Customer Service Representative".

JavierMD_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!   

0 Likes