Tmobile to Verizon
deepaknet
Enthusiast - Level 2

Dear Verizon Wireless Team,

I would like to move from TMobile to Verizon. Can some guide me how to move on the same? I would like to move to a Prepaid plan and I am looking at a plan which I just explained here: http://community.vzw.com/t5/Prepaid-Plans/Is-there-a-data-only-plan-on-Prepaid/td-p/507852

Pl. help ...

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Tmobile to Verizon
spottedcatfish
Champion - Level 3

I would reccomend that you visit a corporate store, or call Verizon directly to begin the process of porting your number from T-Mobile to Verizon prepaid.  You can find the phone number under the blue "Contact Us" link at the top right of this page.

Most of the people here are fellow customers, we can't set up an account for you.  You'll get a faster response if you contact Verizon directly.

0 Likes
minnie2
Contributor - Level 1

You can call customer service at 1-888-294-6804 - you may not beable to use your old  cell. 

T-Mobile phones use a different technology (GSM vs CDMA) and therefore are not compatible on each others' networks.

The chief GSM carriers in the United States are Cingular Wireless, recently merged with AT&T Wireless, and T-Mobile USA. Major

CDMA

In cellular service there are two main competing network technologies: Global System for Mobile Communications (

carriers are Sprint PCS, Verizon and Virgin Mobile. GSM) and Code Division Multiple Access (CDMA). Cellular carriers including Sprint PCS, Cingular Wireless, Verizon and T-Mobile use one or the other. Understanding the difference between GSM and CDMA will allow you to choose a carrier that uses the preferable network technology for your needs.

0 Likes
parkernathan
Contributor - Level 2

You'll want to either visit a store or chat with an expert online to place your order online. Verizon will need to port your number over from T-Mobile to Verizon, you will need to pick a prepaid plan, and as others have said, due to Verizon utilizing a different network technology (CDMA vs. GSM on T-Mobile), you'll need to pickup a shiny new prepaid phone. Hope it goes well for you and glad to see you switch over to Verizon!

0 Likes
vanessas_vzw
Verizon Employee

Hi.  We do not have any prepay data-only plans.  Please select the following link for all prepay plans available.  

http://community.vzw.com/t5/Prepaid-Plans/Is-there-a-data-only-plan-on-Prepaid/td-p/507852

Although you are looking for a prepay data plan, we do offer a postpay Data & Messaging plan for $54.99 monthly access for thedeaf or hard of hearing.  The plan includes:

• Unlimited Messaging
  • Unlimited Web Browsing
  • Unlimited Data Usage
  • Unlimited Personal Email
  • Voice Per Minute Rate $0.25
For more information on how to activate this plan, please visit your local Verizon Wireless Retail Store.  Appropriatedocumentation is required. 
Thank you,
0 Likes