Travellers to the United States
seekaybee
Enthusiast - Level 1

I live in Canada and will be spending the month of August in the USA. Is it possible to purchase a prepaid SIM to use in my unlocked iPhone while I’m in the States? I notice that the available prepaid plans appear to be paid monthly on a recurring basis, but I only need service for one month. Can I do that?

Additionally, can I pay for the prepaid using a Canadian credit card?

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Travellers to the United States
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, Seekaybee. Help is here as we are overjoyed to hear you want to use our prepaid services while visiting the U.S. I can assist in getting you set up for the best success for your prepaid usage. With our prepaid services, you have the luxury of using our network for the length of time you need as you can purchase a prepaid plan for one month only. Upon traveling to the U.S., please visit any of your direct local store locations to purchase a sim card kit to proceed with activation. We are always here for support via social media, chat and via phone by dialing 888-294-6804. Please let me know if this helps. Lastly, click the link provided to find the nearest store location to you when you arrive in the U.S. http://spr.ly/6588DlTuG

Natasha_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you verified your iPhone is compatible with the Verizon Wireless network? One option is to purchase a prepaid refill card to pay for the service you need.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

seekaybee
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi, Ann154. Thanks for answering. I have verified that my iPhone is compatible. I would still have to visit a Verizon store to obtain a SIM once I arrive in the US though, right? Or am I misunderstanding you?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, Seekaybee. Help is here as we are overjoyed to hear you want to use our prepaid services while visiting the U.S. I can assist in getting you set up for the best success for your prepaid usage. With our prepaid services, you have the luxury of using our network for the length of time you need as you can purchase a prepaid plan for one month only. Upon traveling to the U.S., please visit any of your direct local store locations to purchase a sim card kit to proceed with activation. We are always here for support via social media, chat and via phone by dialing 888-294-6804. Please let me know if this helps. Lastly, click the link provided to find the nearest store location to you when you arrive in the U.S. http://spr.ly/6588DlTuG

Natasha_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!