Verizon bad new phone and bad customer service
vzwlefty

Hello,

I recently bought 2 Orbic Myra uw devices online. through my account at verizon.com. I received them on December 1st, and activated them on December 4th. On December 6th, my wife realized that no one could hear her in a phone call If she used the speakerphone. My identical phone, however, works fine.

We went to our local Verizon corporate store on the 10th, and after diagnosing the problem with my wife's phone, the technician agreed that microphone in use when the speaker is active was not working. However, he said that since I have a pre-paid plan, and that I bought the phones up-front and online, I had to call Verizon to replace the phone. He said he would enter the appropriate information in the system to make this easier.

I called Verizon prepay later that day on the 10th. After about an hour on the phone, I was told that the person they needed to speak to was not in on the weekend, but that I would be called on Monday morning the 13th.

As of 2pm on Monday (MST), I had not yet received a call back, so I called Verizon Prepay at 888-294-6804. I spent a total of over 96 minutes on the phone, according to the log on the phone I used today, being transferred 5 or 6 times. I seem to remember that I was transferred to the same 'department' at least twice. 'Activations' to 'Tech Support' to 'Activations' etc. While several at least tried to help, it seems like it is a big 'pass the buck' when it is unknown how to help. At the last transfer, I got a message 'We cannot take your call', or somesuch, as I expect the 'department' I needed was closed for the day.

This is ridiculous. I need Verizon to own up and get me a new phone, which their technician at the store acknowledges is bad.

How can I get this resolved, without having to sit on hold forever, and actually talk to someone who can help.

Thanks

-Chris

0 Likes
Re: Verizon bad new phone and bad customer service
vzwlefty

After another 30 minutes on hold today, I now have a ticket number. I was told that an 'investigation' will be started and someone will get back to me within 3-5 business days.

COME ON. Verizon store tech acknowledges new phone isn't working right. Give me a new one already!

-Chris

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We can definitely understand your concern regarding this matter.  As consumers ourselves, we would want to have our phone working as expected too.  You mentioned you have a Service Ticket and are to be contacted within 3-5 days.  Please allow our Tech Department to look into this matter to seek a resolution.  We thank you in advance for your patience and understanding while this is being done. *Lisa

0 Likes
vzwlefty

Lisa,

Why is there any need to 'look into' the matter, when it is clear what the issue is? This is ridiculous! It should not take over 9 days and 4 hours on the phone to resolve such an issue.

0 Likes
vzwlefty

Finally today, some progress.

I was told by Verizon prepaid support that:

1. I should not have been given a ticket number, as that is only for network connectivity issues and such, not device issues.

2. I was emailed a return shipping label, and will drop off the broken phone at UPS.

3. My old phone was reactivated, and it works.

4. I was told to expect a call when the return is received, and will get a new phone at that time...

Not the best option, but given all that has happened, I'll take it.

I of course will be tracking the return...

-Chris

0 Likes