Verizon is not accommodating to the prepaid customers.
Dalger

I have a prepaid plan, I bought the phone and setup prepaid option in April 2019.I've been having trouble with the phone shutting down, they said the battery is malfunctioning and I need a new phone, but they would have to Take my phone from me right now and they would send me a new one within 3 to 5 business days. I told him I cannot do that, I need a phone for work. We suggested Verizon send the new one to the store and let me know when it gets here and I will come in and exchange it. The response was “we do not want to have accountability for that at the store.” I thought that was ridiculous, I am looking for a new provider. I have been with Verizon for many years I had regular plan before my prepaid plan for several years, but due to a change in life I had to go to the prepaid. I have gone to the Verizon store 3 times for help with this problem, nothing has been resolved. sorry to say goodbye Verizon.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon is not accommodating to the prepaid customers.
mama23dogs
Legend

@Dalger wrote:

I have a prepaid plan, I bought the phone and setup prepaid option in April 2019.I've been having trouble with the phone shutting down, they said the battery is malfunctioning and I need a new phone, but they would have to Take my phone from me right now and they would send me a new one within 3 to 5 business days. I told him I cannot do that, I need a phone for work. We suggested Verizon send the new one to the store and let me know when it gets here and I will come in and exchange it. The response was “we do not want to have accountability for that at the store.” I thought that was ridiculous, I am looking for a new provider. I have been with Verizon for many years I had regular plan before my prepaid plan for several years, but due to a change in life I had to go to the prepaid. I have gone to the Verizon store 3 times for help with this problem, nothing has been resolved. sorry to say goodbye Verizon.

Get a grip.   🙄.   Buy  yourself a cheap phone to use until your replacement arrives. Prepaid service (all prepaid, from any carrier) requires that you provide your own phone.    You can buy it from Verizon or bring it from another source. Verizon is not responsible to provide you with a phone because the one you purchased is failing.   

If you expect first classed treatment like the postpaid people get, then you have to switch to postpaid service.   They are paying more for that privilege.  

You can do a warranty exchange through Verizon, but you have to send in your existing phone and frequently leave a substantial deposit.   You can also contact the manufacturer directly.  They won't send you a loaner, you will be without a phone.  
    You can go to another carrier, but you will find that the warranty service is exactly the same. Only postpaid customers get a replacement phone sent before the defective one has to be returned.  

0 Likes