Want to purchase new prepaid device but why new fee for monthly?
chatapuggy

When I put a new device in my cart, its also charging me for another month or prepaid time, when technically I already have a number and a plan with prepaid verizon.  Is this just something I have to bite the bullet on and repay for another monthly charge?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Want to purchase new prepaid device but why new fee for monthly?
mama23dogs
Legend

You shouldn't have to buy airtime, unless it's a condition of a discounted phone.  did you select "already a customer " before selecting phone?

0 Likes
chatapuggy

Thanks, problem is there is no "already a customer" option anywhere in the pages.  It seems the airtime is part of the reason why its discounted.  Problem is I would still buy it, but even adding a $45 plan you go into the phone number part and if you use your number that's already activated, no go.

I called and spoke to someone on it and a rep told me I can look in a retail store or another and buy it unlocked and then bring it over.  Problem is its way more expensive.  I ask what if I activate a whole new number, buy it from Verizon and then once I have in my hands, call and have number changed to my account, they said no.

I am stumped, it seems once I'm in prepaid, I'm stuck.  I wanted something from Verizon due to the fact unlocked stuff on the web has lots of issues coming over to Verizon since their system is different and didn't want to take that chance.  I cant be the only one in this boat

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

You aren't.  Verizon prepaid is not very flexible.  They even dropped the pay as you go plans.  AT&T has better plans.

Snn5
Legend

T-Mobile is the same way as well.  All prepaid phones require service to activate.  To use a prepaid phone, it must be activated, which carries an activation charge.  That charge is a month's payment.  Being that prepaid is not a contract and that a prepaid customer is only a customer for a month at the time, they essentially are reactivating service each month.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I want to ensure that all you questions are answered chatapuggy. We do not handle Prepaid accounts but don't worry. You can contact us at 888-294-6804. I am confident they will be able to further assist you.

AmberF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes