Where is the voicemail app icon on my prepaid Moto E?
zacxa

My phone doesn't have a voicemail icon??? I downloaded a different app but I am curious why the phone doesn't have voicemail.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: where is the voicemail app icon on prepaid moto e 2nd gen
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The voicemail application is for Visual Voicemail only. Prepaid devices might not have that feature on the plan. Voicemail can be reached at *86 and would place a notification symbol on your notification bar at the top of the screen when you have a new voicemail.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The voicemail application is for Visual Voicemail only. Prepaid devices might not have that feature on the plan. Voicemail can be reached at *86 and would place a notification symbol on your notification bar at the top of the screen when you have a new voicemail.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure this is resolved. What Ann154 mentioned is correct. There is a chance that your plan did not include the type of feature used for your device. We want to make sure you are able to reach your voicemail. Are you able to call your VM using *86?

JavierMD_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!  

0 Likes
Way2Go8

My Moto e 2020 will not let the visual voicemail get set up all the way on my prepaid program so I do have to call voicemail every time which is okay. But since it is not complete, I don't get any voicemail icon up in my status bar when a message is left so I have to check and call my voicemail every time see a missed call to know if they left a message. The part that frustrates me is whether listening to the calls or saved messages I have to listen through the entire time it was given and the person's phone number and it is said in a slow manner. I can't locate any options to do anything except change my voicemail message.  I'm guessing I would have more options if visual voicemail would continue to be completed but the message visual voicemail gives is to call my voicemail to set the rest of it up but the voicemail that I have in the Moto e gives me no options when I call it except to change my personal message. Very limiting. Do you recommend a voicemail app? Or how do I get the rest of visual voicemail setup on my prepaid verizon? I already took it to the Verizon store service center and they couldn't do it either.

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes