Why are "pre-paid" plans limited to 3G ?
mediamark
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just found out that all Verizon pre-paid plans, only 3G (EVDO) data is functional......even if your phone can do 4G.

Perhaps someone can explain why?   Eventually ALL voice, data, texting will be on the LTE(4G) network.

How do we compare 500MB of allowed data on 3G - to the same amount on 4G?

I wonder if other pre-paid companies have the same policy?      ...... comments please.....?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why are "pre-paid" plans limited to 3G ?
Tidbits
Legend

That's what Verizon chooses. Just as much you can choose to use another provider.

0 Likes
mediamark
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm betting that "Tidbits" is an employee or contractor for Verizon.....

Eventually we will all prob be on one of two carriers, just like before Judge Green broke up AT&T back in the past?

Sadly, due to our frequency shortage, our audio quality has also gotten worse. Dang, I should have filed for some free

800 Mhz Trunking freq's - back when they were free!  I know people that made BIG bucks by selling out....!

One needs to be over 45 or 50 to have followed the "wireless wave".  It was interesting.  So why 3G on prepaid?

BTW, "Tidbits" - You really didn't answer the original question.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Far from an employee. Why would I encourage someone to go somewhere else. That's lost revenue for Verizon. We live in a free market and forking over cash for something that doesn't work for you is a travesty.

Verizon makes choices for their company regardless of what someone else perceives looking in. Jm

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Sadly you like billions of other ignorant people with our doing their homework will say what you said.

There is no shortage. Its the FCC making bad effort enforcement of their rules.

Sprint has the largest spectrum holdings and they at this current time only using... 20%(roughly) of their total holding. Verizon uses a lot more. FCC doesn't take away the unused spectrum like they are supposed to.

Sorry you don't like to talk with your money like you should. It'll make a world of difference.

0 Likes