Why does my $30 card expire in one month instead of 90 days?
mamadeedee

I activated a new $30 card yesterday and the automated message tells me that it expires on the 7th of December (2016).  Can anyone explain this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why does my $30 card expire in one month instead of 90 days?
katrinan_vzw
Verizon Employee

mamadeedee, we want to ensure you get all your questions answered regarding your prepay account and prepay card. Most $30.00 card are only good for one month. In order to get the most accurate information regarding refill cards, you will want to reach out to our prepay department at (888) 294-6804 or by dialing *611 from your mobile device.

katrinan_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

It would be nice if the answer were posted for the next person with the same question.

If you are on a grandfathered pay per use plan you should get 90 days.  But if you are new to Verizon prepaid, or allowed you pay per use plan to expire, you ma not know Verizon has just dropped its pay per use plans.  The minimal plan is $30 for 30 days For basic phones.

If you want pay per use, ATT still has 25 cent per minute or $2 per day plans for those who use their phones very rarely.  $25 refill on pay per use plans works for 90 days.

0 Likes
mamadeedee

katrinan_vzw,

Please note the attached image.

Top left corner $30 refill card and last sentence of first paragraph "Balance expires 90 days from the day it is added to the account."  So please explain why this card is labeled 90 days but would expire in one month.

I did dial #PMT to activate the card and again after activation when the automated recording said that my card (which clearly states on the reverse side that it expires 90 days after activation) activated November 7, 2016 would expire on December 7, 2016.

BPS11112016_0002.jpg

0 Likes
mamadeedee

mama23dogs,

There are $15 cards available that are good for 30 days.  The $30 card for 90 days was obviously a better deal hence my decision to purchase it.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

Again the expiration depends on your plan.  What plan do you have?  

If you are brand new to Verizon prepaid, the minimum plan just changed And is $30 for 30 days.   They  dropped all pay per use options.  Cards like this (and the $15 cards) can be used by those who are grandfathered pay per use Customers. 

0 Likes