Why doesn't backup assistant work after switching to prepaid?
BillPigg
Enthusiast - Level 2

I recently changed to pre-paid plan and backup assistant no longer works on my LG Extravert.  I desperately would like to access the backup assistant site online from my desktop computer to download a list of all my contacts!  I would also like backup assistant to continue to function as it used to.  Can anyone help?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I recently changed to pre-paid plan and backup assistant no longer works on my LG Extravert.
BillPigg
Enthusiast - Level 2

To re-set Backup assistant:

Main Menu

Apps

Backup Assistant

Options

(slide open keyboard)

4 (help)

Press the "FN" key,

then 8

then 73738

Then the "FN" key again

then 3
followed by the "ok" button in the center of the arrows.

Backup Assistant is now de-activated and can be re-activated by going to apps and tapping Backup assistant.

[ H/T to @Elraf28 posted in All places > Basic Phones > Discussions > LG Extravert problem with Backup Assistant on Jun 7, 2012 ]

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: I recently changed to pre-paid plan and backup assistant no longer works on my LG Extravert.
Snn5
Legend

BUA is now Cloud, which does not work on Prepaid.

0 Likes
BillPigg
Enthusiast - Level 2

So I've lost all ability to save my contacts. Never saw that in the FAQs.  I will now go through my 300 contacts and copy them by hand to a spreadsheet.  Thanks Verizon.

BillPigg
Enthusiast - Level 2

To re-set Backup assistant:

Main Menu

Apps

Backup Assistant

Options

(slide open keyboard)

4 (help)

Press the "FN" key,

then 8

then 73738

Then the "FN" key again

then 3
followed by the "ok" button in the center of the arrows.

Backup Assistant is now de-activated and can be re-activated by going to apps and tapping Backup assistant.

[ H/T to @Elraf28 posted in All places > Basic Phones > Discussions > LG Extravert problem with Backup Assistant on Jun 7, 2012 ]

0 Likes