ZTE Cymbal LTE Pre-paid Phone-in-a-Box Network locked
ELIROS40

Why can't I get my ZTE Cymbal (pre-paid, phone in a box) unlocked from Verizon network? I read policy. Phone meets one of the criteria. Phone says it is network locked. Nothing on packaging says this device is exempted from policy, yet I've been told it cannot be unlocked.  I want to move to another carrier (PagePlus (PP)) for cheaper monthly service.  PP confirmed phone is compatible with their service.  Must I have active pre-paid service with Verizon before attempting switch?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: ZTE Cymbal LTE Pre-paid Phone-in-a-Box Network locked
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

"Our 4G Phone-in-a-Box phones may only be used with Verizon Prepaid service for 1 year from original activation date or until payments in the amount specified on the back of the Phone-in-a-Box package are added to the Prepaid account."

Device Unlocking Policies | About Verizon

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It’s not everyday we work with prepaid devices here on the forum. I had to go research the policy to remind myself of the stipulations.  Below the Prepaid Device Unlocking Policy ( 4G Device Policy) here I found that service must be active “1 year from original activation date” .
https://www.verizon.com/about/consumer-safety/device-unlocking-policy
Have you had service with us at all?

David_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ELIROS40

Yes, I know. As previously stated, I read and am aware of and understand

the policy. Just so you know, none of the CSRs with whom I spoke seemed

aware of the either, OR component to the policy, but simply told me of

the 1 year. Also, the amount it is not printed on the box. It refers the

buyer to a brochure inside the box, which, of course cannot be read

until/unless purchase of device is made. I had to call and ask. I was

told the amount by a CSR. I have far exceeded the amount to be paid to

qualify to unlock the device from the network and after pointing this out,

I was then told it couldn't be unlocked, but no one seemed to be able to

tell me why. Can you?

On Wed, Jun 13, 2018 at 2:47 PM, tikibar1 <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would be sad to see you go, ELIROS40. I want to ensure that you have the right information for unlocking prepaid phones. Per the resource that tiki bar1 provided, our 4G Phone-in-a-Box phones may only be used with Verizon Prepaid service for 1 year from original activation date or until payments in the amount specified on the back of the Phone-in-a-Box package are added to the Prepaid account. For clarity, how long has your ZTE Cymbal been subscribed to Verizon prepaid service? For your convenience, I have included our device unlocking resource here: https://www.verizon.com/about/consumer-safety/device-unlocking-policy.

In addition, I recognize that you have reservations about pricing for monthly service. I know how important it is to be able to get the best value possible, and we are committed to working with you to explore all options for lowering your bill. I have sent you a Private Message, please check your inbox.

Lorenzo_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes