Adding email address to Just Kids trusted contact
WendyClerjubte
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am literally copying and pasting this question from another user because I am having the same issue.

My daughter has the Just Kids plan, I have Smart Family app to control her contacts & usage.  She has many friends that do not have cell phone plans yet & only have email addressses to use their phones with over wifi.  The Just Kids plan allows 20 contacts & I put them in with the Smart Family app.  The app only allows telephone numbers & will not allow me to put in email addresses of her friends that do not have phone numbers.  How can I get those email addresses put in on the APP for trusted contacts? I do not want to go through Settings>Messages>iMessage, since that is already active on her phone.  

The message she is receiving when she tries to text the icloud email address is is: Verizon Msg: Your phone has been restricted by the account owner. You cannot send messages until the time of day restriction ends. 

I don't have any restrictions on her phone for usage times. 

0 Likes
Re: Adding email address to Just Kids trusted contact
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

As a father with two daughter's myself, I know how important and stressful an issue with being able to contact friends can be for a parent and child.  Let's find the best option together.  We want to make sure we have all the details.  Are these contacts that have emails only with no plan from iPhones/Apple devices?  

0 Likes
WendyClerjubte
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes. The friend communicates via her iPad using her iCloud email. No phone. 

Blake03

I’m having the same issue.  Has anyone got a resolution?  My son has the restrictive plan and I can only add phone numbers through the family share app.  However, he has family and friends that do not have cell phone number they use their email to text on iMessage via WiFi.  How do I add an email address so my son can text and talk with his cousin through the restricted phone plan.  Please help. 

0 Likes
Brookedotcom

I am having the same issue. Has anyone found a solution? 

0 Likes
Blake03

I added the contact with email only directly on my sons phone and went into his settings and turned on iMessage.  That worked. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

As a valued customer, your concerns are our concerns too. To be sure that we're on the right path to assist you, we've noted your reference to the Just Kids trusted contact option. We certainly want you to enjoy this feature for your family. Are you referring to the Smart Family feature and being to add an email address? (So that your son can talk and text with his cousin through the restricted phone plan) - RobertC_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would like to see what's going on with this and what options we can give you. Please send us a Private Note for assistance.

0 Likes
Ieatcrayonzs

I’m also having this issue. How do I fix it?

0 Likes