Can we set data limits on the Unlimited Plan?
BrassyDeb

Since there is 22gb of data for 4 people on the new unlimited plan, I want to set controls so that my kids don't use all the 22g up at the beginning of the month, and then I'm stuck throttled the rest of the month. 

Is there a way to do that?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can we set data limits on the Unlimited Plan?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I wouldn't want my data slowed down either, BrassyDeb. Especially not for my kids' usage. Today, I have good news for you!

First, with the Unlimited Data, each line on your plan gets 22GBs of 4G LTE. Once that 22GBs is reached, (per line), speeds can be slowed down to 3G speeds. Therefore, as long as your line doesn't reach 22GBs, your line will not be slowed down.

Second, you can add Family Base to your account and set limits on your kids' lines if you choose to. http://vz.to/2miFrSz

VanessaS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
BrassyDeb

I realize I can set limits, but once they hit the limit, they don't have throttled data allocated to them.  If I remove the limit, then they can use up the rest of the plan.  Then we are all throttled the rest of the month.

Not Happy. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I wouldn't want my data slowed down either, BrassyDeb. Especially not for my kids' usage. Today, I have good news for you!

First, with the Unlimited Data, each line on your plan gets 22GBs of 4G LTE. Once that 22GBs is reached, (per line), speeds can be slowed down to 3G speeds. Therefore, as long as your line doesn't reach 22GBs, your line will not be slowed down.

Second, you can add Family Base to your account and set limits on your kids' lines if you choose to. http://vz.to/2miFrSz

VanessaS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this.

0 Likes