Child's Phone wont receive texts from Parent and it also restricts calls/texts during the day when i don't have time limits
elysebailey
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello,

I am having really frustrating issues with my child's phone. We are on the Verizon Just Kids plan. My child has an iphone and I have a Google Pixel (I am the account owner). The issues we are having are:

1) I added my phone number as a trusted contact. Her phone is able to text and call me, however when I text her back, the text never shows up. I tried troubleshooting issues on texting between iphone/android and have done everything I can to fix it. It still won't work. I don't know what else to do.

2) During the day, when she tries to text me, she gets the message "Verizon Msg: Your phone has been restricted by the account owner. You cannot send messages until the time of day restriction ends." I did not set up any restrictions related to calling and texting, or even data for that matter. I do not understand why this is happening. I need this lifted so I can communicate with her.

Please help asap. Thanks.

Re: Child's Phone wont receive texts from Parent and it also restricts calls/texts during the day when i don't have time limits
cjmargetis

Hi- I was just having the same issue with my daughter’s new phone. It couldn’t receive calls or texts or FaceTime from my phone (but it could from all others in the trusted contacts).
Turns out that my number somehow got added into the “blocked contacts” list in her phone settings. (On an iPhone it is under Settings-Phone-Blocked Contacts) 

When I deleted my number out of that Blocked Contacts list, now I am able to call, text and FaceTime her.

So I guess somehow when Verizon set me up as the managing parent it somehow automatically added me to the blocked contact list??? Must be a bug.

Anyway I hope this might help someone else experiencing this issue!

0 Likes
Re: Child's Phone wont receive texts from Parent and it also restricts calls/texts during the day when i don't have time limits
mrskinnyslo

I know the post is a bit old but figured I would chime in on my solution:

Adding the required phone numbers to Trusted Contacts seems to have worked for us.  

Hope this helps.

0 Likes