Contacts on Family Base Companion device has me wondering???
kaleadean
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi There Verizon Community!

I have a couple questions regarding one of my phones under my account with the family base companion app installed. Hoping someone may be able to shed some light on these issues. Thank u in advance for any insight you all may have.

1st Question:

While looking thru the contacts list I noticed that the contact named UNIDENTIFIED CALLER showed a few other names associated with it so I clicked on it and discovered that aside from UNIDENTIFIED CALLER being the main or default contact name, there were a few others.

The familiar ones are:

BLOCKED,

RESTRICTED

PRIVATE.

The unfamiliar and new to me are:

999-999-9999,

NULL

PRIVATENUMBER

blocked.png

Would anybody happen to know why these numbers are different from the usual UNIDENTIFIED, UNKNOWN & BLOCKED contact identities????

2nd Question:

While assigning contact names to contacts on this list Family Base will not let you assign the same name to a number when it's already being used for a different number. You would need to add the persons last initial or something to differentiate the two. So an example would be:

Exsisting contact is Mary = xxx-xxxx
New contact would need to be Mary M. = xxx-xxxx

I noticed that this contact list now has serveral contacts with the same name and same spelling and all the

letters have the same capitalization.

ScreenshotMCG.pngScreenshot_STEVEN.png

How is it that this was not a possibility before and now it obviously is???

3rd Question:

I noticed one particular contact is Voicemail. I only am going to show 2 examples of this but believe me, there are 6 different Voice Mail entries. Voicemail has 6 different contact listings:

1. Voicemail  (000-000-0086)

2. Voicemail  (;86)

3. Voicemail (*86)

Screenshot_VM.pngScreenshot_00.png

and then there are two of the number zero's:

4. 0 (0) just the number

5. 0 (one of them has three after the zero: 0---)

and finally there is a contact named:

6. 86 (86)

The voicemail issue is the weirdest one of all to me.

I would really LOVE any info related to my questions!!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Contacts on Family Base Companion device has me wondering???
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

kaleadean-

You have great questions I would be happy to answer for you. Thank you for the visual provided as it help us to better assist. Regarding your first question with the Unidentified contact, many factors can play into the difference with it being blocked, private or unknown. It will all depend on how the other party caller ID is being set up or if it registers in our cell site when the call is received. Unfortunately, we can't confirm whether it is a blocked number from their end or if it was used through a third party app causing their caller ID to be blocked. Sometimes different prefix are included in the caller ID and it is sent by the other party carrier's connection.

Regarding your second question, have you checked if you have duplicate contacts by chance? Specifically the MCG contact. If it is a duplicate contact, this may be the reason why it shows more than once in your contact ranking. 

Now, regarding your third question. When you dial your Voicemail, *86 is dialed to access your message from our network. Depending on the cell site it gets connected to, it can have a zero followed by 86, *86 or ;86. This is just how the phone was connected to your Voicemail. As long as it has the 86 at the end it indicates the call was dialed into your voice mail system. I hope this answer your questions.

CarmenT_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

kaleadean-

You have great questions I would be happy to answer for you. Thank you for the visual provided as it help us to better assist. Regarding your first question with the Unidentified contact, many factors can play into the difference with it being blocked, private or unknown. It will all depend on how the other party caller ID is being set up or if it registers in our cell site when the call is received. Unfortunately, we can't confirm whether it is a blocked number from their end or if it was used through a third party app causing their caller ID to be blocked. Sometimes different prefix are included in the caller ID and it is sent by the other party carrier's connection.

Regarding your second question, have you checked if you have duplicate contacts by chance? Specifically the MCG contact. If it is a duplicate contact, this may be the reason why it shows more than once in your contact ranking. 

Now, regarding your third question. When you dial your Voicemail, *86 is dialed to access your message from our network. Depending on the cell site it gets connected to, it can have a zero followed by 86, *86 or ;86. This is just how the phone was connected to your Voicemail. As long as it has the 86 at the end it indicates the call was dialed into your voice mail system. I hope this answer your questions.

CarmenT_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

kaleadean
Enthusiast - Level 3

HI there!,

Well thank you soooo much for responding to my questions so quickly and not only that, actually having decent answers to them. I am sorry I am only responding now. I did read your reply shortly after you did but I haven't been able to get back to you until now.

As far as the multiple VM entries answer you gave that does make sense. So it depends on whether the "tower" the VM call went thru when the call was made being either a Verizon cell tower or a different carrier could be the reason for the different VM contact entries, correct?

Next, the multiple but identical contacts is still a bit confusing but if your suggesting that they are saved in the phone itself under several accounts like, Verizon, Phone, Google or Microsoft Exchange then I can see that playing into somehow becoming several of the same contacts listed in the Family Base list.

An then finally, the blocked calls and various blocked call alias's I really wasn't expecting to find out much about them I just found it interesting how there were so many different variations of a blocked caller. As long as they block themselves then I guess they succeeded.

I do have a couple more question if you don't mind me asking, And hopefully that will be all.

1.) I had a screen shot but I can't find it anywhere so that I am able to show you just what I mean because if there was ever a need for a screenshot, this would be a good reason.

How does one get a call FROM voicemail? There is a contact that is from out of state and from time to time when there are conversations between this phone and the contact somehow the contact also shows up as a voicemail contact (0).,So when I check in what I am seeing is incoming calls from (0). The time duration of each call are always the exact amount of time as the outgoing call to the actual contact. But for some reason the incoming call back to my phone says that it is (0) calling. I've never had voicemail call me. Never. lol.

2.) Ok I'm kinda thinking that this has something to do with cell towers like the others but why not ask anyways right? How come some contacts that have and area code and the number and saved into the family base contact list somehow become an unknown contact when only the 7 digit version of the number is either called or calling? See numbers 16 and 23.

844.jpg

3.) ok, last one is what is the deal a seven digit number that has +1 in front of the following the 7 digit number? The screen shot is an example of both questions 2 and 3.1plus.jpg

Ok, I'm done. Thank you again for your original response that included real answers. I did not expect my questions to be answered let alone answered with much thought. I'll check back soon.

0 Likes