Family Base Campanion
Soonerdead
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have read several comments about Family Base Campanion not working.  I too have this same issue.  It worked great for quite a while and now within the last 6 months I have had to contact Verizon twice because the App stopped working on my sons phone.  I am paying for this APP so I am unsure as to why it is consistantly not working for all sorts of phones.  My son has an HTC.  For some reason we are no longer able to see his app usage as well as lock his phone.  A good app would work with all phones that the company that made it offers.  Please tell you that you are going to fix the issues.  I'm getting tired of calling to have it fixed. 

Thanks.

Labels (1)
Re: Family Base Campanion
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry you were having difficulties with your son's device. Let's look into this together. Are you seeing an error message? Did this start after an application was downloaded? What model HTC does he have? Please tell us more.

JoeL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

JoeL_VZW

The problem is that the Family Base Companion app doesn't work on phones running the Android OS Marshmallow (6.0+) or higher. This has been going on for more than a year and it is getting absolutely ridiculous that the developers of the application can't redesign the application to work on the newer phone. We are now starting to see phones running Nougat (7.0+) and it is only going to get worse as more people upgrade their phones.

For the OP, you might be able to use the Android Device Manager to lock the phone. Find your device using Android Device Manager - Accounts Help.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Good gracious. The Family Base Companion app hasn't updated since October 2015! The Family Base app was updated October 2016. The companion application has basically been abandoned.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Soonerdead
Enthusiast - Level 1

Ann154, Thank you for replying. Is there any chance that they are going to

update the Companion App? This service offered by Verizon is amazing when

it works. We almost went over on data this month because the limit that I

put on our son was taken off in one of the messes of the app.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

No idea. The only way you can voice your displeasure is to send an email to the developer from the Play Store listing.

0 Likes