Family Base childrend has iPhones
Liviyah

If I cannot download the family base companion app on their iphones, then what do I do to monitor their activity?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Family Base childrend has iPhones
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can still monitor activity without the companion app. The companion app just provides some additional functionality like (copied from VZWs FAQs):

• On-demand lock for your child's phone
  • Access to view the apps installed and used on the phone
  • Access to view the contacts from the phone's address book

I don't have the companion app on any of my kids' phones, and I can still set controls and see their call and messaging activity from my app or My Verizon. I even get weekly emails with their activity. Here are the pages I used when I did the initial setup and figured out how to view their activity.

Family Base FAQs

Family Base - How to Use

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

You can still monitor activity without the companion app. The companion app just provides some additional functionality like (copied from VZWs FAQs):

• On-demand lock for your child's phone
  • Access to view the apps installed and used on the phone
  • Access to view the contacts from the phone's address book

I don't have the companion app on any of my kids' phones, and I can still set controls and see their call and messaging activity from my app or My Verizon. I even get weekly emails with their activity. Here are the pages I used when I did the initial setup and figured out how to view their activity.

Family Base FAQs

Family Base - How to Use

Liviyah

When I check their activity it says no activity when I know in fact they both used their phones...

>> Personal information removed to comply with the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service <<

Edited by:  Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Liviyah,

We'll help shed some light on this with you! iPhones have limited controls that can be used with them. Please know that all phones, reguardless of make/model, cannot be controlled for data usage if they are connected to Wi-Fi. That usage is not through our network so we cannot control or monitor it. Also, what kinds of activity are you looking for? Not only will regular internet browsing not show if the phone is connected to Wi-Fi, but neither will iMessages. iMessages can send messages through Wi-Fi instead of using our network.

If you log in to My Verizon and then select Manage FamilyBase you should be able to see the minutes, messages, and data used under the Usage Limits Summary in the Dashboard.

SarahO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes