Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
Family Base limited data notification
CBUCHACHI
Enthusiast

I have a Moto Z2 Play with a child profile with Family Base time of day restrictions. When the time restrictions goes in to effect, the device will get a "SIM Card Data usage limited Due to time of day or a data limit" notification, which is fine. However, even after the time restriction period ends, that notification cannot be cleared other than by cycling the power on the device. The Family Base feature was in effect prior to upgrading to the Moto Z2 Play on a Moto RAZR running pre-Marshmallow Android with the Family Base Companion App and the notification was not present on that device.

Is anyone else experiencing this or found a less disruptive solution other than power cycling the device?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Family Base limited data notification
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

@CBUCHACHI  I certainly want to make sure everything is resolved for you.  Let's get this straightened out. I’ve sent you a private message here in the forum. Please check your inbox at http://vz.to/2pZHoWT to discuss further details about your concern.

EvelynR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport if my response answered your question please click the “Correct Answer” button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Re: Family Base limited data notification
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

CBUCHACHI, making sure Family Base works for you is very important to us. It is very likely that Family Base functions a bit differently due to the OS differences between the older Razr and the Z2 Play. While this may still seem a bit of a hassle, does the alert go away if you place your phone in and out of Airplan Mode?

NicandroN_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes