Family Base not tracking activity iPhone 4s
mda592

We added family base to our plan 2 days ago. Figuring it may need 24 hours to update, we didn't worry about the fact that it wasn't tracking his activity. 2 days later, it is STILL not tracking his activity. He is currently using an iPhone 4s. We have also turned off his iMessage capabilities. It seems to be working with time restrictions so we know it is working but it is still not monitoring any of his texting/call activities. Is there a step we skipped?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Family Base not tracking activity iPhone 4s
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi mda592!

Let's look into this! Are you attempting to few the dates and times of text messages? Please clarify your concern.

Thanks,

AyaniB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
mda592

Well, we are able to use the other features like setting time restrictions and data restrictions but as far as tracking his activities, like amount of texts or calls, it is all coming up blank. The only information we have is the one call the Verizon rep did to insure the new number was activated. Everything from that point forward isn't being accounted for.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for reaching back out to us, mda592. Let's see what we can do to make sure that activity is registering. If you check his phone, does he have mobile data active? If it is disabled it can cause reporting to not appear correctly. I would also try uninstalling, and then reinstalling the VZ FamilyBase Child app. This may help kickstart those features. Keep us posted!

NicandroN_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
mda592

Is the child app the same as the family base app? I can find the family base app in the iTunes Store but not a child app.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I apologize for our confusion, mda592! The child application is not available on the iPhone. While Family Base does offer some benefits that you have seen and used on the iPhone for a child device, the features are limited compared to other devices. The ability to track the activity is not available with Apple iOS devices. I regret any inconvenience and hope that you can still benefit for the feature.

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes