Family Based question
Ranger390

I am lookikng at adding the Family Based control service.  I need to add this to my childs phone. If I turn on the service at $4.99 a month,

do I need to install the app on her phone.  I just want to set a data limit for her only. Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Family Based question
Not applicable

If all you're interested in is setting the data data limit then no. it does say that once you set the limit you need to restart the phones in question.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Not applicable

If all you're interested in is setting the data data limit then no. it does say that once you set the limit you need to restart the phones in question.

0 Likes
lewisr13
Champion - Level 1

The minimum you can limit is .5GB. You can turn data off on the phone.

0 Likes
Not applicable

lewisr13 wrote:

If you mean turn it off on the phone itself yes, you can even set data limits on the phone itself. However anyone using that phone can turn the data back on and change the limits. Also if the child is using the phone and is about to go over the data and they are not right there then it's going to be hard to turn off the data.

0 Likes
lewisr13
Champion - Level 1

mrhelper wrote:

lewisr13 wrote:

However anyone using that phone can turn the data back on and change the limits. Also if the child is using the phone and is about to go over the data and they are not right there then it's going to be hard to turn off the data.

Well duh. You can also remove the phone from the offending child.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Or for a measly $5 you can set the data limit. Most adults don't know what a GB is let alone a kid. Setting a limit when they reach it then they know. They'll still have a phone they can use for calls and texting. $5 a month is cheaper than taking a phone away after the kid has already gone over by 1 or 2 GB.

0 Likes