Family app
Laura20T

I installed/purchased the Family app/program. My child’s phone is linked to mine. I get reports via email. I have contacted customer service x2, we’ve  unloaded/reloaded app, et al.  I block sites on my child’s phone yet I can still access them on child’s phone. I’ve blocked internet and I can get on the internet on phone.  After 2 calls, case was escalated.  Instead of a call, I received a generic email and reporting nothing was found, case closed. Not acceptable to ditch a random email for an unresolved problem.  I then called the number given to me for higher tech department (escalated dept) and was told by TRICIA that she and her crew were going to figure out the problem and get back with me. It’s been a week and nothing. I’m bolding her name in hopes she is reprimanded for lying to a customer and being very unprofessional.   Here I am still being charged for a program that doesn’t work. 
bait and switch?  Yep! 
I’ll bet the premium package would work without these glitches...more money!

Looking for a resolution before I am forced to report this to other avenues. 

0 Likes
Re: Family app
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, Laura20T. Help is here! We would be happy to take a deeper look into this for you, so you are able to successfully block what is needed on your child's device. Is the child's device connected to Wi-Fi, when they are accessing these websites? CourtneyM_VZW

0 Likes
Laura20T

WE have tried this app both on WiFI and off WiFi   Neither works.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly appreciate your efforts, Laura20T. May I ask if you are able to provide a screenshot of the settings from your end?

LorenzoP_VZW

0 Likes
Laura20T

How does one attach screen shots without tab to link? 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Laura20T, we will be happy to guide you. Which make and model phone do you have with the Parent app? Which make and model phone is the child's phone? Is the child's phone connected to Wi-Fi? LorenB_VZW If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!! 

0 Likes
Laura20T

I have an 8S

child 6s I believe. Received this phone in May 2020.  It should be on our file 

regarding WiFi, as discussed prior, we have tried both on and off WiFi with WiFi disabled while on Verizon.  It doesn’t matter which way the signal is received

this is truly dragging on.  At this rate the child will be 18 (which is for years now) and this will be a mute point. 
I will request a refund for the months this service was not working. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Laura, we need to take a closer look at this and want to make sure we're still providing you a thorough assistance. Could you please Private Message our Profile here? - NicholasS_VZW

0 Likes