Family base. How to block texting to non-trusted contacts.
dorct

I set up 24/7 time restriction and a list of trusted contacts. 

Someone NOT trusted sent a text.  It went to unknown senders and then my child was able to text back. 

Please tell me how to prevent this.  Want only trusted contacts at all times.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Family base. How to block texting to non-trusted contacts.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's figure out what's going on, dorct. What model device does he have? Could he have been connected to data at that time?

DanielK_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
dorct

She has iPhone 5s. Was connected to wifi at the time.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I have Family Base as well. It is an awesome feature. The iPhone however, does have the capability to send text through iMessage over wifi which Family Base can not stop. If the phone is connected to wifi you will not be able to stop it. On the other hand if it is not on wifi and sending messages, then an adjustment to the settings in Family Base maybe needed. We can look at the settings but we can not make the changes for you.
AnthonyM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Family base.  How to block texting to non-trusted contacts.
dorct

Ok - I understand the issue with iMessage - so I disabled iMessage and got her off wifi......but NOW she cannot text me (I am on iPhone and the parent admin on Family Base)....but she can text my husband (her Dad) who is on a Samsung phone.

What do I have to change now???? 

0 Likes
Re: Family base.  How to block texting to non-trusted contacts.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dorct-

I'm a mom of 4 myself and an avid user of FamilyBase, it's so nice to have those trusted contacts in place. I'm glad that her iMessage is turned off. Now, you will need to disable your iMessage so your messages are able to be received and sent as an SMS versus through Apple's servers as an iMessage. Once that is turned off, she will be able to text you and vice versa.
AmberK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes