Family base content control shuts down data and wifi
Momski4

I installed the family base content filters on my daughter's iphone 6. I just wanted the ability to shut down her data when necessary. Now she has all kinds of problems -- her data and wifi connections don't work, she can scroll instagram feed but no pictures or videos load (I did not block instagram). Is this fixable?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Family base content control shuts down data and wifi
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Momski4,

We want setting up your Familybase content filters to be simple. Sorry to hear that this is not happening and I certainly understand your confusion with the feature not working properly. Let's get this fixed. I have sent you a private message for account review of your settings. Please respond to this message.

Thanks,

PamelaF_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
SHORTY5106
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having similar issues with my daughters social media. Please help.

CHAFOE21

I too, am having this issue w/my kids phones.  Please help.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Family Base is a great way to add controls to your children’s lines, CHAFOE21. We’ll do all we can to help you set up controls, and troubleshoot those which are not properly working. I’ve sent you a private message to work on this further with you.

GeorgeS_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the “Correct Answer” button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!! 

0 Likes
JUACHI98
Enthusiast - Level 1

Many users with I-phones have similar issues with this App. why not publish the fix suggestions to the public so everyone can see it and maybe try the suggested fix?

This Forum doesn't help anyone if the fix is being suggested privately.

Get with it Verizon.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JUACHI98 and SHORTY5106, we want to make sure that your Family Base works like it should. JUACHI98, I can understand your concern for shared answers for the community. Are you having issues with your Family Base? Could you both explain what you're experiencing? When did this start? 

JoelR_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Mommmaof5
Enthusiast - Level 1

Anyone ever get resolution to this.  I have the same issues with my children’s iphones... both set up for 15yrs and older, and I have not blocked Instagram but both having issues with Instagram photos loading and displaying.

HEAROE37
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the same issues as well and getting no where.  Ultimately I'm going to just cancel Family Base (since Verizon isn't being upfront about a fix!) and move on to some other type of hardware / app.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

HEAROE37 Our Family Base application is an excellent app with multiple benefits, and I want to make sure that you and your family enjoy it. Can you please tell me what happens when you try to connect the phone to Wi-Fi(error message)? Please tell me more about the problems you're experiencing. We want to help.
EvelynR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport if my response answered your question please click the “Correct Answer” button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this.

0 Likes