Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
Family companion app sip calls
Calebson
Enthusiast

What does it mean when an incoming call on the child's phone shows as a sip call?  

The app shows the call was from ""sip:+18xx63250740x3Brn=+18xx549@icscF1.ctx05"  the x's  are numbers, I just didnt put them all

What does that mean??

Re: Family companion app sip calls
jav6
MVP
MVP

Could be the calls were from a SIP (Session Initiated Protocol) server (IP based) as opposed to a cell service server.  

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
Calebson
Enthusiast

I'm just not sure what that means in layman's terms .  I'm unfamiliar with those

jav6
MVP
MVP

It was an internet originated call instead of a cell network originated call.  The caller id indicating SIP shows this.  The Family Companion app or the originating server could probably be a little more user friendly in creating the caller id for display.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

I'm sorry you show this type of call on your child's line that you're unable to identify Calebson. I can understand the concern. If a number shows as a SIP call it just identifies where the number originated from or the address of where it came from but not the specific carrier. It can be a call that generated from the Internet that you can use as a phone number or email address to make and receive voice calls.

Does this information help? Are you attempting to block the calls?

KinquanaH_VZW

0 Likes