No activity in Family Base?
GRAMAR77

I added FamilyBase a few days ago to monitor my son's activity and it is not showing any text activity.  It shows call activity on Monday but no text activity that day and no activity at all since.  He has an iPhone 6s.  What's up?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: No activity in Family Base?
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

If he's using iMessages, those don't go through VzW's servers; they go through Apple's servers.

0 Likes
GRAMAR77

Not all of his texts are iMessag.  He has friends with droids.  And what is the point of family base if I can't monitor any iMessage texts??

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Fellow FamilyBase user over here and I do have to say this feature does offer peace of mind, GRAMAR77. We first would like to ensure that the service is set up correctly so you can get the most from it. Here is a handy FAQ’s link which can help to explain further: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/verizon-familybase-faqs/ If you are listed as the Account Owner for the online account, is there any usage showing when logging in and reviewing his line? Looking forward to hearing back.

ChrisM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
GRAMAR77

I have been through the FAQ link and we're set up correctly.  I can log into the website and check the usage.  It shows his calls and just a couple texts but I know he has texted a lot more than what is shown.  If the service cannot show me all the activity, then I'm not going to keep it.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am glad you are set up correctly Gramar77 and I understand how important it is to monitor your kid's texts as I have three kids myself. Family Base only captures messages that are sent through our network only. You do have the options to turn off his iMessage, so all messages are recorded, but then you do face the chance that your son can turn it back on. Here http://spr.ly/65888rBJ6 is how you can turn off iMessage. I hope this helps. Did you have any other questions for me?

AmberF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes