Time Restrictions
FCVZW64

FamilyBase time restrictions seem to have no impact on iphone 5c.  Calls can still be made during blocked hours.  WiFi is off.  Any ideas or suggestions?  Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Time Restrictions
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for further clarifying, FCVZW64. The child phone would require the FamilyBase Companion Application on the device. I also want to make sure that this issue is properly handled. Once you have established a time restriction, do you power the child device off and on? You would need to do this for the time restriction to take effect and the device will require an active connection to the network for this to happen.

AndreaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

AndreaS_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

HarleyE_VZW

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure that FamilyBase is working as it is intended to, FCVZW64. Is this the first time you have set time restrictions? Did you originally subscribe for FamilyBase through itunes?

AndreaS_VZW

0 Likes
FCVZW64

This is the first time I have set them for any of the phones on our account.  Tho I have deleted them and tried to reset them.  I signed up for FamilyBase through your website (www.verizonwireless.com) and set the time restrictions there.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate you trying to reset the restrictions, FCVZW64.Do you have any other devices that you are setting restrictions for? Are other functions of FamilyBase working, besides the time restrictions?

AndreaS_VZW

http://bit.ly/1J81w8K

0 Likes
FCVZW64

Problem is not solved.  This is the only device on which I am trying to set  time restrictions.  Upgraded to an iphone 6s over Christmas and time restrictions still not working.  Do I need to install an app on the phone whose time I wish to restrict?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for further clarifying, FCVZW64. The child phone would require the FamilyBase Companion Application on the device. I also want to make sure that this issue is properly handled. Once you have established a time restriction, do you power the child device off and on? You would need to do this for the time restriction to take effect and the device will require an active connection to the network for this to happen.

AndreaS_VZW

AndreaS_VZW

HarleyE_VZW

0 Likes
FCVZW64

I will do this.  Is the Companion Application compatible with an iphone 6S?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sorry about the mix up, FCVZW64. We really appreciate you continuing to work with us but the FamilyBase the companion app is not available for iPhones. This should only affect your ability to monitor app usage, lock their phone, or view their contacts though. When you log into My Verizon www.vzw.com/signin and manage the line’s restrictions, do you have more than one Time Restriction in place for that line? Are they able to place and receive calls from all numbers during the restricted time or just from particular numbers?

JenniferH_VZW

0 Likes