Unable to Pair Smart Family App
Ballisticn8
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have downloaded the VZW Smart Family App on both my device, S20, and my son's device, iPhone XR. I have gotten to the part where I attempt to pair my son's device to the Smart Family app. When I click the button on the website or in the app on my phone to send a text message to activate pairing my son's phone is unable to receive the text message. The following message appears:

"You were unable to receive a text message due to a service restriction or insufficient funds."

I havent been able to identify any service blocks. He is on a just kids account. Any help would be appreciated, been diving through the forums and searching online since yesterday, unable to figure it out so far...

Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Unable to Pair Smart Family App
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ballisticn8, getting your SmartFamily application up and running is of the utmost importance. We want your application work as designed so to see that you are having troubles is interesting. Let's work together to find out what is going on and how we can help. 

Which device does your son have?

Is his line the only one you are signing up for with SmartFamily?

TakendraW_VZW

0 Likes
Ballisticn8
Enthusiast - Level 2

My son's line is a Just Kids line of service so Smart Family is included as part of the controls for his line. My wife and I are both signed up as parents.

His device is an Apple iPhone XR.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for those additional details, Ballisticn8. Is everything up to date on the phone? Have you tried restarting the phone? 

RyanM_VZW

0 Likes
Ballisticn8
Enthusiast - Level 2

Phone is up to date. I restarted the device twice yesterday and once this morning.

I'm thinking the issue may be a conflict with the Just Kids line of service. That particular plan only allows communication to 20 trusted contacts. Every time I use Smart Family, whether that's though the website on my laptop, or through the app on my phone, when I attempt to send the text message to his phone to complete pairing the following text message pops up on his phone:

"You were unable to receive a text message due to a service restriction or insufficient funds."

The text message to complete pairing of the app never goes through.

0 Likes
Ballisticn8
Enthusiast - Level 2

My son's phone is still unable to receive the pairing text for Verizon Smart Family...

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let’s get to the bottom of this.  A private message has been sent to you for further assistance.

SeanC_VZW

0 Likes
Ansclm12

I am having the same problem... did you figure it out?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry you are having issues with pairing the Smart Family App, Ansclm12. I know how important it is to have this feature working correctly. I sent you a Private Note so we can continue working on this together and get additional information. 

GersonG_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Ansclm12. Reaching out to you regarding the issue with the Smart Family app. Let's look in this further. What are the make and model of the devices you are using with this feature (Parent/Child device)? Are you getting a specific error message?

GersonG_VZW

0 Likes