Why can't I read incoming text messages on Familybase?
mom24boyz

I used to be able to read the incoming text messages on my son's phone when we first signed up for Family Base.  I am no longer able to do that.  What do I do to enable this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Text messages on Family Base
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there, mom24boyz! Thanks for bringing this matter to the forums. Like you, I have FamilyBase on my account. It allows me to maintain consistent usage on my son's data allowance. I can also see when he's messaging, which numbers he's messaging with, and what numbers are messaging him. I've not been able to read message content, though. That's not been a feature of FamilyBase.

I do know that certain applications may allow this option, and that Verizon Messaging does allow text messages to be viewed and sent from multiple devices (smartphone, latptop, PC, or tablet) with proper logon. Can you tell me when and where you were about to do this? What details can you share?

DionM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Text messages on Family Base
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there, mom24boyz! Thanks for bringing this matter to the forums. Like you, I have FamilyBase on my account. It allows me to maintain consistent usage on my son's data allowance. I can also see when he's messaging, which numbers he's messaging with, and what numbers are messaging him. I've not been able to read message content, though. That's not been a feature of FamilyBase.

I do know that certain applications may allow this option, and that Verizon Messaging does allow text messages to be viewed and sent from multiple devices (smartphone, latptop, PC, or tablet) with proper logon. Can you tell me when and where you were about to do this? What details can you share?

DionM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes