Why is Family Base Lock not working?
TroyLH
Enthusiast - Level 2

Has anyone had this problem?  Got a Samsung Galaxy S6 for my daughter - I can lock her phone with Family Base, but if she pushes the 911 button (takes her to the phone screen, but doesn't actually call 911), then the home key, it unlocks the phone and doesn't notify me (even if the override is activated).  So basically the family base lock is useless for me.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Family Base Lock not working
Momma23dogs
Enthusiast - Level 3

And  pay for it too.

You gotta admit, kids are resourceful. 

0 Likes
TroyLH
Enthusiast - Level 2

hoping it can be fixed!

0 Likes
Momma23dogs
Enthusiast - Level 3

Send a message to Verizon Wireless Customer Support and ask if there is a "child proof" fix.  Good luck.

0 Likes
TroyLH
Enthusiast - Level 2

thanks - I tried to share with them, but was not able to - I re-posted as a question-  hoping that may help.

Re: Why is Family Base Lock not working?
Rob-787

I was told that there was a system upgrade that caused this. Essentially, all the features that you want in this program are non-functioning...at least until the 3rd-party can figure how to implement them again.

1)  Lock

2)  Data limits

3)  Time Limits

Until they address the issues, the program does not work as specified. This is now over a month after the changes were made.

0 Likes
Re: Why is Family Base Lock not working?
VWUsr

I also found on Samsung S6 that hitting the recently used apps button overrides the lock.  Thanks Verizon/Samsung!

0 Likes