Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 6,089 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions
Why is the location services not working in Smart Family?
PAmountaingirl
Enthusiast - Level 2

As of yesterday it seemed to be working fine. Now however it can not locate my son and and I don't get alerts for what I have set.

Labels (1)
Re: Why is the location services not working in Smart Family?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's very important that you are able to locate your son, and we will make sure any issues are corrected, PAmountaingirl. We have some questions to better assist. Does your son have the Verizon Smart Family Companion App installed on his device? Are you able to locate any other devices on your account? 

David_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
We understand your concern, and it is vital that Smart Family works properly. Do you know if your child's cell phone has locations settings on or off, or if it is connected to Wi-Fi, data off? Please check important information in the following link: 

Maria_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
PAmountaingirl
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, he has the Companion installed and location settings are on.

Now the trouble is that the alerts I have set for home and away do not work. When he leaves home it should tell me and it doesn't and when he arrives home it should tell me and it doesn't.

It seems every day there is something new wrong with Smart Family.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We definitely want to make sure you get accurate location information from your Smart Family service, PAmountaingirl. Have you tried power cycling the devices, or uninstalling and reinstalling the companion app?

PeterP_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate the details, and our goal is for you to be able to use the feature with no issues. Let's dig deeper and work together to find you a solution as soon as possible. Was there a time when you received these notification that you have set up?

GeorginaG_VZW

0 Likes