Why is the pairing being lost on Android Phone?
CHRBYE43
Enthusiast - Level 2

I installed the Family Companion app on my son's Android phone last night and tested features and it worked fine.  This morning, I got a message that there was something wrong and I needed to repair the device.  I assumed an update was applied b/c after sending the text to repair, Messenger behaved like it was a new install.  I repaired the device and he went to school.  This afternoon when he got home, I had the same message/error.  I repaired again (and got the same setup process on messenger).  I gave him back the phone and in 20 minutes it happened again.  I accused him of doing something, but he says he is doing nothing.  I repaired it again and then watched him for about 10 minutes.  He got a few blocked messages and put his phone down.  When he picked it up the blocked message was gone and I got the error message again.  This time I repaired on his device on the companion app without sending the text from my phone and am waiting to see what happens.  Does anyone know what is happening?  BTW, he has a Pixel phone.

Labels (1)
Re: Why is the pairing being lost on Android Phone?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly want this to work for you CHRBYE43. What features of Family Base are you wanting to use? Did you install the app on your phone as well?

ErinW_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
CHRBYE43
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have set up a few content filters and want to have ability to stop Internet access (worked initially).  But if I go onto the app on my phone for any reason, I get the error that it isn't paired.  I don't know if he has found a loophole or if there is some sort of bug.  I know that he found several holes on the Norton Family that we had, so I know he's capable, but he says he's not doing anything.  I'm not convinced, but need some help to figure out if it is him or a problem with the product.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

CHRBYE43, we know the importance in making sure this feature works properly for you and your family. We'll get this resolved. Tell us the make/model/software version of your phone? Have uninstalled and re-installed the application on both devices?

TrinetteW_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
CHRBYE43
Enthusiast - Level 2

He has a PIXEL and version of software is 7.1.1.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled.  He 'repairs' for me to do something, but miraculously unpairs shortly thereafter.  I am confident that he is doing something, but I can't figure out what.

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

Is there any log file to look at?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
CHRBYE43
Enthusiast - Level 2

where do I look for that?

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

I don't know, don't have a Pixel.  Have you set Notifications to alert you when the connection to his phone is lost?  What about Viewing his installed Apps via the FamilyBase page in My Verizon?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

Did you read this thread?

Marshmellow is V6, Nougat is V7 of the Android OS.

Why is Family Base Companion not compatible with LG G4?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're here to help! We appreciate the additional details. May we ask if you are looking for where to Uninstall and reinstall the app? Or are you looking for something else?KleoL_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes