blocking 011 and 0000000000 phone calls
medic3033

Hello everyone

I am getting phone call that come up on my phone as 011 and 0000000000. These phones calls are coming in at all hours of the night. I can not block all numbers that are not trusted due to my work. Is there a way to block calls that come from these types of numbers.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: blocking 011 and 0000000000 phone calls
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thank you to the community for your responses! 

I know it is frustrating to receive a call like this, with all 0's as the phone number. I have received calls like this before. They are basically the same as someone blocking their number and the call coming through as "Private" or "Restricted." The reality is that there are ways to block your number from showing up when calling someone else. 

I would like to add that though the call could very well be from Skype, it is more likely that these are calls where the number has been blocked. There are ways to change the number that appears on your Caller ID. These calls could be from virtually anyone, and is most commonly called "spoofing." 

Please know that if you do not answer the call, you are not using minutes. 

You do have the option of adding Usage Controls, which will allow you to block up to 20 numbers, including Restricted numbers, 411, and "000-000-0000." This feature is $4.99 per line. It has many more features like usage allowance (you can set hard stops for calls and messages), time restrictions, and so much more. To review this feature and it's benefits, please visit:

http://www.vzw.com/usagecontrols

I hope this information is helpful. Have a good day!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

medic3033 wrote:

Hello everyone

I am getting phone call that come up on my phone as 011 and 0000000000. These phones calls are coming in at all hours of the night. I can not block all numbers that are not trusted due to my work. Is there a way to block calls that come from these types of numbers.

Hi Medic3303,

I understand your concern with regard to getting unwanted calls from unknown numbers in the middle of the night. I would feel the same way if I were you. I would like to provide you with some information, as well as ask you a couple of questions. Please note that Caller ID information is able to be manipulated by a caller. This is called spoofing and is done through the PC or from a third-party application. 

In addition, though your post did not mention which device you have, some devices have the option to block numbers that are not in your contact list. You could turn this feature on before going to sleep, and then turn it off once you start your day. If your phone does have this option, it can be found in the Owner's Manual. You are able to find the Owner's Manual for most phones at the following link:

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/howTo/phones.jsp

Additionally, I would like to ask some questions. Do these calls come in as "011" and "0000000000," or are they coming in as "011000000000"? Have you picked up the calls? If so, is it someone you know? If that is the case, it is probably someone spoofing you. Do the calls happen at the same time each night? How long has this been happening and how many calls per night are you getting?

Please let us know this additional information, so we are able to obtain a resolution for you. 

Thank you and have a great day!

0 Likes
mikesantos44

We've also gotten a few texts like this, coming from this number 011528712444334. We'd like to block these, or at the least make sure we're not charged for incoming texts like this. What should we do? 

0 Likes
EdW_VZW
Verizon Employee

mikesantos44 wrote:

We've also gotten a few texts like this, coming from this number 011528712444334. We'd like to block these, or at the least make sure we're not charged for incoming texts like this. What should we do? 

Hi mikesantos44,

Based on the number 011528712444334 your provided, it is an international number from Mexico that was used to send to the messages. The country code is for Mexico is 528. We are not able to block international text messages from coming to your phone. If you do not know who is sending you a message, perhaps you can reply back and let them know they have a wrong number asking them to stop sending the unwanted international text message. Also, For more assistance with international text messaging, please use this link. If you like assistance with the charges, please send me a private message with your number. 

0 Likes
troyhoff

The all zero number might be somebody calling from Skype. I know this doesn't help with blocking, but it might help with figuring out who it is.

0 Likes
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thank you to the community for your responses! 

I know it is frustrating to receive a call like this, with all 0's as the phone number. I have received calls like this before. They are basically the same as someone blocking their number and the call coming through as "Private" or "Restricted." The reality is that there are ways to block your number from showing up when calling someone else. 

I would like to add that though the call could very well be from Skype, it is more likely that these are calls where the number has been blocked. There are ways to change the number that appears on your Caller ID. These calls could be from virtually anyone, and is most commonly called "spoofing." 

Please know that if you do not answer the call, you are not using minutes. 

You do have the option of adding Usage Controls, which will allow you to block up to 20 numbers, including Restricted numbers, 411, and "000-000-0000." This feature is $4.99 per line. It has many more features like usage allowance (you can set hard stops for calls and messages), time restrictions, and so much more. To review this feature and it's benefits, please visit:

http://www.vzw.com/usagecontrols

I hope this information is helpful. Have a good day!

0 Likes
laurenkay25

I am getting a call from "011" from an agent of a company that did not identify himself (the agent) or the company inquiring if I called and left a message regarding how to obtain antivirus software.  I did not call anyone to inquire about antivirus software or any other computer related software.  What is this about?

0 Likes