Update 2.2
Sexy43
Enthusiast - Level 2

When will the update for the Samsung Fascinate come out. I read in an earlier post that it should come out in Oct. Which the month of Oct. Is pretty much ending. Any  updated information. Since the last posted.

0 Likes
22 Replies
wardcst24
Contributor - Level 2
0 Likes
someyoungguy
my cousins mothers boyfriends uncle said his brothers girlfriends best friend said that a girl in her class said her dad who work at verizon said that froyo is coming to our phone any day now lol like I said in another post we will know when it comes out when verizon wants us to know :smileyhappy:
0 Likes
sandystorm

someyoungguy wrote:
my cousins mothers boyfriends uncle said his brothers girlfriends best friend said that a girl in her class said her dad who work at verizon said that froyo is coming to our phone any day now lol like I said in another post we will know when it comes out when verizon wants us to know :smileyhappy:

Well I think your cousins mothers boyfriends uncle who is married to my dead grandmother  is right all the way.

Lets hear it for Verizon and Samsung! NOT

0 Likes
roachman55
Enthusiast - Level 2
Techlife my left nut says it will be released tomorrow!
0 Likes
Agringo

roachman55 wrote:

My next phone won't be a Verizon Phone! I could care less whether 2.2 or 2.3 comes out. Verizon has wore me out. I will be leaving Verizon as soon as my contract is over, I learned my lesson. You don't touch the flame on the stove twice!

0 Likes
Froyoed

Agringo wrote:

roachman55 wrote:

My next phone won't be a Verizon Phone! I could care less whether 2.2 or 2.3 comes out. Verizon has wore me out. I will be leaving Verizon as soon as my contract is over, I learned my lesson. You don't touch the flame on the stove twice!

I second that!

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

The grass isn't always greener.

0 Likes
itzbob701

PJNC284 wrote:

That is true. I was with another provider until last Septmber that I shall leave un-named that starts with AT &. I had no problems, great coverage in the areas I need it most but switched to Big Red when my contract expired because I just knew that somehow Verizon was better, shinier, newer and most awesome. BZZZZZT... Wrong! Sammy & Big Red wore me out and i'll be shipping out when this contract is up.

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

itzbob701 wrote:

PJNC284 wrote:

That is true. I was with another provider until last Septmber that I shall leave un-named that starts with AT &. I had no problems, great coverage in the areas I need it most but switched to Big Red when my contract expired because I just knew that somehow Verizon was better, shinier, newer and most awesome. BZZZZZT... Wrong! Sammy & Big Red wore me out and i'll be shipping out when this contract is up.

You'd have been in the same position with other carriers if you had purchased one of the Galaxy S devices.  You may say "well oh, tmobile and AT&T have already updated theirs."  yes and no.  The only way to get the updates is through Kies Mini which is a basically a coin flip on whether or not it'll work and is only compatible with PCs (sorry Mac owners).  Sprint is the only one to push out Froyo OTA for all owners and that didn't exactly prove to be a cake walk.  If you had purchased a phone other than Samsung, you could be complaining about "delayed" Gingerbread updates. 

0 Likes
Agringo

PJNC284 wrote:

Verizon and companies like them rely on quotes like these.

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

Agringo wrote:

PJNC284 wrote:

show me another carry that does better than Verizon.  Of all the carriers, Verizon has the best track record on updating Android handsets.  Samsung has the worst among manufacturers.  You do the math.

0 Likes
Agringo

PJNC284 wrote:

Agringo wrote:

PJNC284 wrote:

show me another carry that does better than Verizon.  Of all the carriers, Verizon has the best track record on updating Android handsets.  Samsung has the worst among manufacturers.  You do the math.

By forcing us to use BING? I left Microsoft for a reason.

0 Likes
roachman55
Enthusiast - Level 2

I will stick with VZW but not with Samsung and will do more research on a product before purchasing, sad thing is they keep coming out with new products with better OS and thats why all this mess about Fascinate and 2.2 Froyo

0 Likes
Agringo

roachman55 wrote:

I will stick with VZW but not with Samsung and will do more research on a product before purchasing, sad thing is they keep coming out with new products with better OS and thats why all this mess about Fascinate and 2.2 Froyo

You actually believe that it's Samsungs fault we didn't get updated?

0 Likes
Froyoed

roachman55 wrote:
But what does the right one say?
0 Likes
DonM
Contributor - Level 2

It's deferring to the left one.

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

No one knows.  I definitely wouldn't expect it before the end of October as there have been no leaked releases.  The Galaxy S has started receiving the Froyo update in a few countries overseas so I'd expect it to make it to the US late-November or December.

0 Likes
Shinebox
Enthusiast - Level 3

Late April it should definately be out!

0 Likes
techlife2

...how in the world do you KNOW the Froyo update will be out in late April? I suspect your crystal ball is somewhat clouded!

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

Didn't specify a year though. lol 

0 Likes