Adaptive Fast Charging seems to be broken after Oreo update
BCRA1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I updated to Oreo about two weeks ago. Since then I've noticed my phone takes forever to recharge using any of my Quick Charge power adapters.

It will do 'Fast Charging', and I've confirmed that option is (still) enabled but that's different than the Adaptive Fast Charging feature which allows use of the Qualcomm Quick Charge profiles to be used for rapidly recharging at almost twice the rate of standard Fast Charging.

Prior to the update, AFC (QC) would take the phone from 30% to around 50% in 15 minutes or so even with the screen on. Now the time needed to do that has almost doubled, even with the screen off. With the screen on, it slows to a crawl and hardly charges at all.

Using two different battery/charging monitor apps I've confirmed that the incoming voltage never exceeds 5v and the current rarely spikes past 1a, so it's now only staying within Standard / Fast Charge territory. QC allows the voltage to adapt and go up to 12 or 20v for rapid charging, and that's just not happening anymore.

This is occurring with three different QC chargers (two QC 2.0, one QC 3.0), and three different cables including the original factory cable.

Can you please let me know if this is currently a known issue, or if not, escalate it for review?

0 Likes